Maul and Savage take over Death Watch, the Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate, and the Hutts in order to rule the criminal underworld of the galaxy.
- Artificial Limbs: Death Watch gives Savage a prosthetic arm to replace the one Obi-Wan cut off in "Revival". They also replace Maul's damaged prosthetic legs with a more humanoid set.
- Captain Obvious: Oruba the Hutt's desperate attempt to get Maul to spare his life by selling out Jabba doesn't exactly impress Maul.Maul: So the only thing you can tell me is that I will find Jabba... at Jabba's palace?
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: By the end of the episode, both Maul and Vizsla are plotting to double-cross the other.
- Creator Cameo: Dave Filoni, the series' supervising director, voices one of the Black Sun Council members who gets beheaded by Savage Opress for refusing to co-operate with Darth Maul.
- Decapitation Strike: Involving literal decapitation, no less Maul has Savage kill all of the Black Sun leaders via decapitating them with his thrown lightsaber when they refuse to join Maul.
- Dispense with the Pleasantries: In a universe where everyone from Luke Skywalker to even Palpatine refer to Jabba as "Mighty Jabba" or "Your Excellency", Maul and Savage pretty much break protocol and make sure to let Jabba know that if he doesn't join, he dies. And they succeed.
- Fist of Rage: Pre Vizsla gives one when Maul informs him of his intention to allow him to rule Mandalore while he runs a galactic crime syndicate from the planet before pretending to agree and offer suggestions.
- Force-Choke: Maul gives several of these, the first one to Bo-Katan to make a point to Pre Vizsla.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: During the raid on the Hutt Council's headquarters, Maul and Savage Force-throw some of their opponents into other people.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: After the deaths of the Black Sun council, Ziton Moj, who is left in charge, immediately announces that Black Sun will join Maul. So does Jabba, knowing that he's no match to them after having his door guards killed.
- Off with His Head!: The Black Sun Council get decapitated by Savage Opress when they refuse to help Maul.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The bounty hunters hired by the Hutts flee when Maul, Savage, and the Mandalorians prove too much for them. Maul lets them go on the grounds that, as bounty hunters, they have no allegiance.
- Villain Team-Up: Darth Maul and Savage Opress work alongside Death Watch for their plans on Mandalore.
- Visionary Villain: Maul makes several references to his "vision" throughout this episode, subtly criticizing Vizsla's lack of ambition.
- Would Hit a Girl: Two examples in this episode, both involving Darth Maul physically harming a female character.
- Darth Maul chokes Bo-Katan (but doesn't kill her) to make a point about doubt leading to failure.
- Darth Maul nearly kills Sugi on Nal Hutta with both his lightsaber and hand-to-hand combat.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: Vizsla presents Death Watch to Maul as the true Mandalorians, fighting to reclaim what is rightfully theirs. He conveniently omits the part about them being a gang of terrorists and murderers (not that it really makes a difference to Maul).