After escaping Pons Ora in a cargo shuttle, the D-Squad heads for the Jedi Cruiser they saw in orbit, but upon landing discover that the ship seems to be devoid of personnel. After the ship jumps to hyperspace, they discover otherwise: it's packed to the rafters with Abafar's highly volatile rhydonium fuel. An encounter with a few surviving Republic droids reveals that the Separatists hijacked the ship and plan to ram it into the Republic strategy conference at Carida.
It's up to D-Squad to stop the Separatists' plot before it's too late.
- Bait-and-Switch: After arriving aboard a seemingly empty cruiser, Gascon and company rightfully assume something is off, but then dismiss it when they see the bridge and its crew of clones. And then that's when they discover they're holograms and get jumped by the Separatists.
- Disney Death: R2 gets blown up when he prematurely detonates the rhydonium on the hijacked cruiser so it won't destroy the space station the conference is held on. He gets badly damaged, but his body and memory core are still intact, and he's fully repaired by the end.
- Foregone Conclusion: Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Tarkin are among the people present at the conference and you know they're not going to die. Neither is R2, for that matter.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Despite the way the previous episode ended, the D-Squad seems to have forgotten all about Gregor, with no mention made of him or what he did that results in a somewhat jarring tone-shift if watching the two episodes back-to-back.
- Heroic Sacrifice:
- BZ blows himself and a massive amount of buzz droids off the ship while it's in hyperspace, getting disintegrated.
- R2 stays onboard the cruiser to stop the detonation, and ends up setting the detonator off early. Of course, he is intact enough to get fully repaired.
- Hope Spot: On arrival to the cruiser, Gascon and company believe that their mission is over, with the former even going so far as to say that he intends on getting a one-on-one meeting with the ship's captain and that he'll arrange for a welcome-home feast in their honor. Then they go up to the bridge and he begins talking to a clone officer, going so far as to hand him the encryption module...and that's when he discovers it's a hologram, and the others get attacked by battle droids.
- Made of Iron: R2 survives what is basically the Star Wars equivalent of a nuclear bomb going off at point-blank range.
- Noodle Incident: Exactly how the Separatists captured a Venator-class Star Destroyer intact is left unknown.
- Oh, Crap!:
- D-Squad has this when they realize that the Star Destroyer is under the control of the Separatists.
- Colonel Gascon, when he discovers that the Jedi Cruiser is full of rhydonium, meaning that the ship is a flying bomb.
- The Super Tactical Droid in charge of the bomb operation has a more subdued one when, after he tells R2 that the detonator can't be switched off, R2 simply accelerates the sequence so the ship will blow too early.
- Special Edition Title: Just like the other episodes of the D-Squad arc, the intertitle at the beginning is pale blue instead of yellow.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The explosion of the hijacked cruiser is very colourful and rather visually appealing.
- Tempting Fate: Anakin claims that strategy conferences are boring. The conference gets bombed about thirty seconds later.
- Thrown Out the Airlock: BZ spaces himself with a huge amount of buzz droids while the ship is in hyperspace to save the others.
- The X of Y: "Point of No Return".