Squidward issues a restraining order on SpongeBob.
"Restraining SpongeBob" contains examples of:
- Dissonant Laughter: After Squidward files a restraining order on him, Patrick laughs hysterically, having no idea what a restraining order is.
- The Ditz: Patrick, much to Squidward's chagrin.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Squidward files a restraining order against SpongeBob. But they still work together, so SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs bring in Patrick as a middle man. Patrick relentlessly harasses Squidward, who ultimately finds him more annoying than SpongeBob and ultimately replaces his name on the restraining order with Patrick's.
- Hollywood Restraining Order: The plot of the episode, but this causes problems within the Krusty Krab.
- Innocently Insensitive: SpongeBob as usual, but this is what made Squidward to file a restraining order on him.
- I Should Have Done This Years Ago: Squidward says this regarding giving SpongeBob the restraining order.Squidward: Now now. Calm down. I've should've given this to you a long time ago!
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: SpongeBob violates the restraining order to stop Patrick from hurting Squidward.
- Trauma Conga Line: In the beginning of the episode, Squidward burns his arm on the grill, unaware that it's on, which spirals into him being fried alive, nearly being eaten, and finally smashing the soda machine. By the end, he's completely traumatized, and when SpongeBob tries to check on him, he has a massive Freak Out!, hiding under a table and then crawling up the walls and ceiling to get away from him. It's clear that SpongeBob finally broke him and drove him to a nervous breakdown.Mr. Krabs: You really sent him over the edge this time.
SpongeBob: Technically, I drove him up the wall.
Plankton mistakenly takes a piece of "art" believing it's a Krabby Patty.
"Fiasco!" contains examples of:
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: When Plankton enters to SpongeBob's house to hide from the police, he uses a wooden spoon to hold him and Gary hostage.
- Excited Show Title!: "Fiasco!"
- Guilt by Association: Lampshaded by Plankton when he arrives at Spongebob's place to hide from the cops, calling him, Gary, and Patrick (who ate the masterpiece) accomplices to the crime. Played even more straight with Squidward, as not only is he arrested alongside everyone else at the scene of the crime despite being the one to call the police, but he is the only one besides Plankton not to be bailed out by the end of the episode.
- Jump Scare: One of the policemen bursts through the movie screen, having founding Plankton.
- Shout-Out: Plankton ducks inside a movie theater to evade the cops for stealing a priceless art piece made out of a Krabby Patty. The movie shown is blatantly The Blue Lagoon complete with the two teen characters about to kiss.