Are You Happy Now?
SpongeBob tries to help Squidward find his "happiest memory".
"Are You Happy Now?" contains examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: SpongeBob accidentally jams a flag on Squidward's foot.
- An Aesop: Your happy memory can come from anywhere, and it will happen when its time.
- Bait-and-Switch: When Squidward goes into a depression he sticks his head in the oven but is really taking brownies out. In another part he throws a rope with a loop in the end over the ceiling but is really hoisting up a bird cage.
- Beard of Sorrow: Squidward grows a stubble while under depression.
- Driven to Suicide: Subverted. It looked like Squidward was going to hang himself, but he was really hoisting up a bird cage. Also, what looks like Squidward with his head in the oven is him taking brownies out.
- The Eeyore: Squidward, full stop.
- Eye Scream: The bow of a violin gets lodged in Squidward's eye.
- Series Continuity Error: Squidward cannot recall his happiest memory and states he never had one, but hes had happy memories before, Band Geeks for example.
Planet of the Jellyfish
SpongeBob and Sandy must defeat an evil Jellien overlord that is replacing everyone in Bikini Bottom with evil clones.
"Planet of the Jellyfish" contains examples of:
- Arc Words: "Hold the mayonnaise!"
- Black Eyes of Crazy: The Jelliens have black eyes which appear in place of the character they take the form of.
- The End... Or Is It?: In the last scene, Patrick orders a Krabby Patty, without the mayo. This shocks SpongeBob as he looks suspiciously at Patrick, cutting to a "The End?" card as the episode ends.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: A time card explains it took eleven minutes for SpongeBob to tell the whole story.
- Morphic Resonance: When a Jellien takes the place of someone, they look just like that character except with black eyes and slightly darker skin.
- Tickle Torture: Sandy straps SpongeBob to a table and tickles him in order to find out if he is really a "jelly-clone."
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The fate of Gary's flower pot-shelled Jellien clone is left unknown.