Squidward builds a statue of Mr. Krabs.
"The Masterpiece" provides examples of:
- Funny Afro: SpongeBob wears one as part of his disguise.
- Public Exposure: Mr. Krabs poses nude so Squidward can sculpt a statue in his likeness.
- Soap Within a Show: Squidward is watching one at the beginning called "As the Tide Turns"
- Thinker Pose: One of the poses Mr. Krabs suggests when modeling for Squidward.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: In-universe. Squidward's statue of Mr. Krabs comes out grotesque and monstrous, but Squidward justifies it by saying it represents the gaping maw of consumerism.
Sea Whelks attack Bikini Bottom, covering the citizens in slime before eating them whole.
"Whelk Attack" contains examples of:
- Bad Vibrations: Happens right before the sea whelks stampede across SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Blatant Lies: During the news report on the whelk attack, a whelk comes on screen and eats Johnny Elaine. After which, he reports that the news room is safe.
- Call-Back: While everyone is trapped inside the whelk, SpongeBob brings up the time he had the suds.
- Chekhov's Gun: At the beginning SpongeBob absorbs the slime the whelks leave on his and Patrick's bodies. He does this again to help the whelks.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: At the end, everyone laughs after Squidward gets sneezed on by a baby whelk.
- Eye Scream: Sandy asks SpongeBob and Patrick to lend her their corneas. They remove their corneas like contact lenses and give them to Sandy, then there's a shot of SpongeBob and Patrick with gaping holes where their pupils should be.
- Given Name Reveal: SpongeBob reveals that his mother's maiden name is "BubbleBottom".
- Skewed Priorities: As usual, Mr. Krabs sees life-threatening danger as an opportunity for profit, trying to sell Krabby Patties to the rampaging whelks. He pays no heed to the danger, only caring about money.
- Something Only They Would Say: In order to test if they're not whelks in disguise, Sandy asks SpongeBob what his mother's maiden name is and SpongeBob answers "BubbleBottom". Sandy asks Patrick what his first name is and Patrick doesn't know the answer.
- Swallowed Whole: Everyone who gets eaten by the giant mother whelk, though they get covered in slime first.
- Walk Into Camera Obstruction: Mr. Krabs tries to give krabby patties to the whelks. He walks out the Krusty Krab with a plate full of krabby patties and walks towards the screen.