SpongeBob and Patrick play hide-and-seek.
"Hide and Then What Happens?" provides examples of:
- Answer Cut: Right after SpongeBob wonders, "Now, where is [Patrick] hiding?", we cut to his perspective, and he centers in on Patrick's house, which is where Patrick is, only for him to dismiss and leave for deeming it too obvious.
- Dramatic Irony: SpongeBob is completely unaware Patrick went home while he was counting, and spends the whole episode looking for him until the end.
- Identical Stranger: Patrick Not-Star, who looks like Patrick but with a weird face and beard.
- Missed Him by That Much: After SpongeBob finishes counting, his first suggestion where Patrick is hiding is his rock house; he rejects that on account it would be too obvious. Right when he leaves, Patrick comes out of his house.
- Series Continuity Error: Patrick is shown to not know what hide-and-seek is, but he plays it perfectly with SpongeBob in "Wormy".
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Turns out Patrick was at home the whole time. We even get to see him go home.
Plankton masquarades as Gary to get the formula only to experience a trip to the hospital.
"Shellback Shenanigans" contains examples of:
- Costume Copycat: Plankton disguises himself as Gary.
- Gone Horribly Right: Plankton's disguise goes so good it causes SpongeBob to assume he's getting sick.
- Never Say "Die": Played straight.SpongeBob: You're- you're saying that he's... that he might... oh... Nurse? Nurse?! Oh, well, Gary, this looks like it might be... the end.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: SpongeBob is shocked when "Gary" starts talking and turning green, prompting him to take him to the hospital.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Plankton's Gary disguise fools SpongeBob perfectly.
- Suddenly Voiced: Done In-Universe when SpongeBob notices "Gary" suddenly talking, prompting him something's not right.
- Who's on First?: When Plankton and Karen are spying on Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob from outside.SpongeBob: When are we making this fresh batch of krabby patties, Mr. Krabs?Mr. Krabs: What?Plankton: Okay, now what'd he say?Karen: "What?".Plankton: I said, "What'd he say?"Karen: He said, "What?".Plankton: I have no idea, that's why I'm asking you what he said!Karen: I know that, and I'm saying he said, "What?"!Plankton: I know that! Wait... oh, he said, "What?"Karen: Yes!