Mr. Krabs becomes paranoid when Plankton doesn't come to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula.
"Plankton Paranoia" contains examples of:
- Bad "Bad Acting": SpongeBob when he's telling Mr. Krabs to come to the Chum Bucket and save Squidward.
- Bound and Gagged: Squidward when he's inside the Chum Bucket. By the end, he's still tied to a chair.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Mr. Krabs does this when he sees SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy, Mrs. Puff, Pearl, and Old Man Jenkins sneaking into the Chum Bucket.
- Iris Out: How the episode ends.
- Oh, Crap!: Mr. Krabs has this reaction when he sees all his friends about to eat the krabby patties he booby trapped for Plankton.
- Sanity Slippage: Mr. Krabs as a result of his paranoia.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: After spending the whole episode worrying that Plankton was trying to sneak into the Krusty Krab to steal the formula and turning on his employees by accusing them of working for Plankton. It turns out They, including Plankton, were planning a surprise party for him to celebrate the anniversary of when Plankton first tried to steal the formula.
- Surprise Party: This is what happens when Mr. Krabs goes to the Chum Bucket.
SpongeBob introduces Patrick to his pineapple's library.
"Library Cards" contains examples of:
- Bottle Episode: Most of the episode is set in SpongeBob's library.
- Broken Record: The Sir Urchin and Snail Fail Show only consists of Snail Fail hitting Sir Urchin with a random object, followed by Sir Urchin saying "Why you!" and Snail Fail responding, "What'd I do?"
- Genius Bonus: The book Gary is reading is titled "Cooking Without Salt".
- Iris Out: Like it's sister episode.
- Literal-Minded: When SpongeBob tells Patrick that a library is a playground for your brain, Patrick has an Imagine Spot of him and his brain playing on a playground.
- Minimalist Cast: Only SpongeBob, Patrick and Gary appear in this episode.
- Series Continuity Error: Patrick acts like he's never seen the library or read books before when he had done so in previous episodes.
- Show Within a Show: Sir Urchin and Snail Fail
- The End: The episode ends in one, which appears in SpongeBob's mouth after a book flies in there.
- Visual Pun: While SpongeBob is showing Patrick around his library, he points over to the books that are cliffhangers. It then cuts to a couple of books that are dangling from the top shelf.