In this parody of Pinocchio, Plankton pretends to be Patrick's conscience in an attempt to convince the sea star to steal a Krabby Patty.
"Patnocchio" provides examples of:
- Air Guitar: Patrick, Plankton, and Geppetto do this at certain points in the episode.
- Call-Back: Goofy Goober's appears for the first time since the movie.
- The Conscience:: Plankton pretends to be this for Patrick as part of his plan to steal a Krabby Patty.
- Day in the Limelight: For Patrick and Plankton.
- Dope Slap: Plankton does this to Patrick.
- Fireball Eyeballs: The waiter at Goofy Goober's gets these right before he kicks out Patrick and Plankton.
- Idea Bulb: Plankton gets one and so does Patrick. When Patrick's burns out, Plankton changes it with his.
- Pinocchio Nose: Plankton gets one when he tells a lie. Patrick decides he wants one so he lies too. Eventually, the two have a sword fight with them.
- Product Placement: Parodied when Karen gives Pearl Gush 'N Flush.
- Real After All: Patrick's conscience.
- Running Gag:
- Someone singing rock music and playing Air Guitar.
- Someone's nose growing when they tell a lie.
- Storybook Opening: Done in this episode as part of the fairytale theme.
- Swallowed Whole: Patrick and Plankton get swallowed by Pearl.
- The End: Karen the Computer Fairy closes a book that reads "The End" to end the episode.
- Whole Plot Reference: To Pinocchio.
When Mr. Krabs turns the Krusty Krab kitchen into an open kitchen, a stage fright-stricken SpongeBob invents a new persona, a puppet named ChefBob, that becomes a hit from insulting the Krusty Krab customers and staff.
"ChefBob" provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Be Yourself, which is lampshaded by Mr. Krabs.
- Berserk Button: SpongeBob finally stands up to ChefBob after he horribly insults Squidward.
- Big "SHUT UP!":Mr. Krabs: Break a leg! Break two legs!Fred: MY LEG!Mr. Krabs: Shut up, Fred!
- Continuity Nod: This is the second time SpongeBob develops Performance Anxiety after "Oral Report".
- Extreme Doormat: SpongeBob acts like one to ChefBob despite the latter being a puppet.
- Fainting: SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs do this when they see that ChefBob has his own show.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: ChefBob: Get a load of him, folks! He must've been born on a highway, because that's where most accidents happen!
- Hand Puppet: ChefBob. Squidward and Mr. Krabs use hand puppets of themselves to "fire" ChefBob.
- Insult Comic: ChefBob becomes this, much to SpongeBob's displeasure.
- Performance Anxiety: SpongeBob gets this when he forced to cook in front of everyone, leading him to create ChefBob.
- Series Continuity Error: SpongeBob gets stage fright but in other episodes ("Squirrel Jokes" for example), he performs onstage with no problem.
- Shameful Shrinking: Squidward does this after ChefBob humiliates him in front of everyone.
- Single Tear: After ChefBob insults a customer at his request, the customer laughs in amusement and cries a single tear while smiling, hinting that his feelings were probably hurt.
- The End: The episode ends with curtains that read "THE END" closing over the screen.