The boys discover a performing group of Quintuplets at a circus, and decide to put on their own performance. Meanwhile, the Quintuplets and their grandmother try and escape Romanian Government officials, who want to bring them back to Romania.
This episode provides the following:
- And This Is for...: Sharon clubs Janet Reno with a baseball bat, shouting, "You ruined my house!"
- Continuity Nod: A poster for the Worldwide Recorder Concert featuring Yoko Ono and Kenny G can be seen in the music school.
- After Mrs. Vladchick's death, Randy calls the boys to step forward if they have a grandma. Kyle is the only one to stay in his place, referencing his deceased grandma from "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery".
- Harmful to Minors: Lampshaded as Grandpa calls Mrs. Vladchick "a bad piece of ass."Randy: Ew, Dad! Not in front of Stanley!
- I Love the Dead: Stan's grandfather, although inadvertently.
- Never My Fault: The boys blame their inability to pull off the physical stunts needed for their dream circus performance on Kenny's inability to sing, and not their own clumsiness and lack of training.
- Oh, Crap!: Randy just before the Easter egg with tear gas goes off.
- Out with a Bang: Mrs. Vladchick dies at some point having sex with Grandpa.
- Parodies for Dummies: Kenny tries to learn singing with Singing Like Bocelli for Dummies.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: The Quintuplets condemn everyone in the end.Quint 1: None of you care about us. You only care about yourselves!
Quint 2: Look at you, Father. You walked out on us five years ago, and now you act like you miss us sooo much! You are a liar and a fake!
Cartman: Yeah, you suck, dude!
Quint 3: And you Romanian leaders, you don't care about us! All you care about is making America look stupid!
Cartman: Yeah! God, you guys are dicks!
'Quint 3: And you protesters! Don't you have anything better to do?! Get a life!
Quint 3: And you boys are the worst of all!
Stan, Kyle, and Cartman: Huh?
Quint 3: You know nothing about Romania, and yet you assume America is so much better! Maybe Romania isn't as nice as America, but it is our home! We are Romanian! All you care about is your own stupid circus!
- Ripped from the Headlines: The Elián González story was the basis for this episode, even recreating the famed closet photograph (twice).
- Take a Third Option: Faced with staying in America for the boys' circus or going home to Romania, the Quintuplets decide to go on Oprah Winfrey's show and do a book tour.
- Take That!: To celebrity of the week, Janet Reno.
- Also to protesters, as Janet Reno summarizes.Janet Reno: Look, people have it so good in America that they get bored very easily, and when people get bored, they start protesting things.
- Pretty much every side in the Elián González story is ridiculed: the protesters are portrayed as having too much time on their hands and not even knowing what they're protesting; the American government response is portrayed as incompetent and making things worse; the Romanian government (standing in for Cuba) is portrayed as harsh and only interested in making America look bad.
- Also to protesters, as Janet Reno summarizes.
- They Killed Kenny Again: An American soldier accidentally shoots Kenny while trying to retrieve him from Romania.
- Too Much Information: Randy and Stan's grandpa found Mrs. Vladchick dead in bed.Grandpa: No wonder she didn't say "good night".
- Trope 2000: The last of the four aired episodes early in Season 4 to have "2000" in its title.