- Ass Shove: The crowd at Lalapalalapaza shoves Phil Collins' Oscar up his ass.
- Breakout Character: This episode gives Timmy a major appearance along with having him officially be a part of the class.
- Continuity Nod: Mr. Derp from "The Succubus" reappears in this episode running a lemonade stand.
- Shelley's ex-boyfriend Skyler, along with his bandmates, return from "Cat Orgy" to form the band "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld" with Timmy.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The pharmacists when Chef tells them the Ritalin has caused everyone to enjoy Phil Collins' music.
- Running Gag:
- No one being correctly able to pronounce Lalapalalapaza correctly.
- Phil Collins clutching his Oscar. He kisses it when he succeeds in breaking up Skyler's band and shows it off at Lalapalalapaza.
- Take That!:
- To celebrity of the week, Phil Collins. This was done purely out of revenge for Collins beating Parker and Stone in the "Best original Song" category at the Academy Awards.
- Also to schools for being so quick to diagnose children with ADHD even though they might not actually have it.
- MTV is accused of dumbing down the USA.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Cartman, under the influence of Ritalin, whacks Kenny with a frying pan while having a Christina Aguilera hallucination. Stan and Kyle give subdued versions of their catchphrases.Stan: Oh my goodness, you killed Kenny.
- Trope 2000: One of four episodes early in Season 4 to have "2000" in its title.