Original airdate: April 19, 2000
After new student Timmy is misdiagnosed with ADD and is excused from homework with Ritalin, the other children join in. Meanwhile, Timmy becomes the lead singer of a local rock band and Phil Collins protests against how Timmy is allegedly being exploited.
- Adults Are Useless: The school psychiatrist diagnoses Timmy with ADD, even though his condition is much worse than that, then diagnoses all of the kids with ADD, even though it's clear they don't have it. The psychiatrist's method of diagnosing the disorder is to read an extremely long book from start to finish, then ask a very specific question about some minor, forgettable detail in one of the chapters and falsely diagnose the kids when they (understandably) don't know the answer to the question.
- Annual Title: The third of four episodes early in season 4 to have "2000" in its title, in reference to the year the episodes first aired.
- Ass Shove: The Lalapalalapaza crowd shoves Collins' Oscar up his ass.
- Breakout Character: This episode gives Timmy a major appearance along with having him officially be a part of the class.
- Continuity Nod: Mr. Derp from "Succubus" reappears in this episode running a lemonade stand.
- Shelley's ex-boyfriend Skyler, along with his bandmates, return from "Cat Orgy" to form the band "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld" with Timmy.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The pharmacists when Chef tells them the Ritalin has caused everyone to enjoy Phil Collins' music.
- Running Gag:
- No one being correctly able to pronounce Lalapalalapaza correctly.
- Collins clutching his Oscar. He kisses it when he succeeds in breaking up Skyler's band and shows it off at Lalapalalapaza.
- Cartman's hallucination of the pink Christina Aguilera monster while on Ritalin.
- Take That!:
- To celebrity of the week, Phil Collins. This was done purely out of revenge for Collins beating Parker and Stone in the "Best Original Song" category at the Academy Awards.
- Also to schools for being so quick to diagnose children with ADHD even though they might not actually have it.
- MTV is accused of dumbing down the USA.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Cartman, under the influence of Ritalin, whacks Kenny with a frying pan while having a Christina Aguilera hallucination. Stan and Kyle give subdued versions of their catchphrases.Stan: Oh my goodness, you killed Kenny.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Mr. Garrison finds he can't stand his formerly rambunctious students after they all get hooked on Ritalin and mellow out. He's even infuriated by Cartman's lack of smartass comments.