Air date: May 4, 2011
When Jimmy says that Germany is the least funny country at the school's comedy awards, the country retaliates by creating a robot comedian that becomes a major celebrity and puts all the other comedians out of their jobs.
"Funnybot" contains examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch: After Funnybot shuts down, the boys haul a crate to be buried which is then covered with cement. Everybody is happy that things can return to normal as the greatest threat to mankind is gone forever: Tyler Perry.
- Bilingual Bonus: Cartman speaks in German without subtitles, and says some...interesting things about Kyle:Cartman: Duerfen wir dir Kind dort ... geboten. Er ist Jude. Ein schoener saftig Jude. Er ist frisch und wunderhuebsch. Wunderhuebsch. Translation: Can I offer you instead this child? Eh? He's a Jew. A handsome soft Jew. He's freeesh. And beauuutiful. Beautiful.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Funnybot believes killing all humans will lead to the greatest punchline of all time. Cartman admits that slaughtering everybody is kind of funny.Funnybot: Humans make comedy, humans build robot, robot ends all life on earth, robot feels awkward.
- Cringe Comedy: Funnybot is programmed to consider feeling awkward to be funny. It also thinks killing people is awkward.
- The End... Or Is It?: Jimmy assures the others that there won't be any future comedy awards, but Cartman is not so confident.
- Expy: Funnybot is a Dalek.
- Germanic Depressives: The Germans beat out the Japanese and the Yupik Eskimos of the Chukchi Peninsula to be declared the least funny people in the world at the South Park Elementary Comedy Awards, leading to the plot.
- Logic Bomb: Kyle invokes this as the way to prevent Funnybot from destroying mankind as the ultimate joke. The boys ultimately stop it by presenting it with a comedy award. The robot doesn't understand the concept of the comedy award show, because if it accepts an award for comedy, then it would be taking itself and comedy seriously, which is not funny.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: Token can't stop laughing at Tyler Perry's comedy, much to his own dismay. Barack Obama suffers from the same problem, noting that it's embarrassing but he can't help himself.
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids: A robot built for the purpose of comedy reveals gatling guns to shoot crowds of people.
- Take That!: Tyler Perry is the subject of much ridicule.