Originally aired April 2, 2010
Written by Genevieve Sparling
Directed by Kevin Fair
Clark and Lois stay at a bed-and-breakfast, only to run into Oliver and Chloe. Lois accidentally rips a painting, causing the Silver Banshee to be released. Tess confronts Zod and learns he has gained his powers.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Alternate Identity Amnesia: Women the Silver Banshee possesses have no memory of their actions while possessed.
- Beta Couple: Oliver and Chloe, to Clark and Lois.
- Body Surf: The Silver Banshee possesses three women: an unnamed woman, Chloe, and then Lois.
- Bullet Catch: How Zod exposes himself to Tess.
- Cain and Abel: Siobhan MacDougal had this sort of relationship with her brother, leading to her becoming the Silver Banshee.
- Call-Back: Chloe references her high school crush on Clark.
- Cursed Item: The painting of the Silver Banshee.
- Demonic Possession: The Silver Banshee has this power, and she takes control of an unnamed woman, then Chloe and, finally, Lois.
- Friends with Benefits: Chloe expresses a desire to keep her relationship with Oliver restricted to this trope and gets upset when Oliver gives her a gift. Oliver, for his part, is motivated by Clark's suggestion that he not take Chloe for granted.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: Zod and Tess have sex right after trying to kill eachother.
- Interspecies Romance: Zod and Tess end up sleeping together in this episode.
- Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex:
- Discussed briefly between Clark and Chloe after Chloe brings up that, last time she checked, Clark had a bit of a problem in the bedroom department. Clark explains that his training with Jor-El has enabled him to be intimate with non-powered women without hurting them.Chloe: Okay, so, not that I haven't seen enough of Clark Kent's private life tonight, I—Clark: I don't like where this is going.Chloe: You took Lois on a romantic getaway to some sort of a bed-and-breakfast. While I doubt that the whole "breakfast" part poses any problems, correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to recall you having some kind of a concern about the beds and non-powered people and what would happen in the beds with the non-powered people—Clark: Okay, stop!Chloe: Thank you.Clark: My training with Jor-El has helped me to manage my powers better. Let's just say that I'm in control...of everything.
- And, apparently, Zod and Tess sleep together without any problems.
- Discussed briefly between Clark and Chloe after Chloe brings up that, last time she checked, Clark had a bit of a problem in the bedroom department. Clark explains that his training with Jor-El has enabled him to be intimate with non-powered women without hurting them.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Silver Banshee's primary power
- Modesty Bedsheet: Zod and Tess after they sleep together.
- Modesty Towel: Chloe, possessed by the Silver Banshee, walks into Clark's shower and drops her towel in an attempt to seduce him. Trying very hard not to look, Clark hastily wraps her up again.
- Monster of the Week: The Silver Banshee.
- Mundane Utility: Clark uses his heat vision to fix a broken pipe, and cleans the room up with Super Speed.
- Neck Lift: Zod does this to Tess after she tricks him into revealing his powers.
- Not What It Looks Like: When Lois catches Clark and Chloe embracing while half naked in the bathroom.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The Silver Banshee is sealed inside a painting.
- Sex Goddess: Zod is very impressed after sleeping with Tess, saying she's "able to spar with him on a equal footing," which is quite a feat considering he just got his powers back.
- Shoulders-Up Nudity: Chloe after she drops her towel.
- Shower Scene: Clark gets one.
- Smithical Marriage: While they are adamant that they are strictly Friends with Benefits, Chloe and Oliver check in as Mr. and Mrs. Green.
- Toplessness from the Back: Chloe when she's naked in front of Clark and Tess getting out of bed after sleeping with Zod.
- Villain of the Week: The Silver Banshee.