Peter decides to self-publish his own erotic novels, and when one that's been recorded to audio tape causes a car accident, the driver sues Carter Pewterschmidt (since he was the one who gave Peter the money to self-publish) and Carter loses his fortune.
- Bloodless Carnage: Stewie gets a massive piece of glass embedded into his forehead after crashing into a cupboard, but no bleeding is present.
- In the montage of erotic novels Peter has written, the DVD version has an extra book called Catcher in the Eye, featuring a smiling woman with a bull's-eye target on her eyenote .
- The DVD version also includes a scene of Peter watching a TV show called, Blind Justice, about a blind police officer who runs out and hits a wall.
- Everyone Has Standards: Peter calls Carter out when he whacks Meg over the head.
- Imagine Spot: Peter has one at the end when Lois says she turned down her father giving them 10 million dollars where he kills her with a pillow, burns her body, then lies to the police about what happened.
- Never My Fault: The Carter is poor part of the storyline happens because the driver who got into accident sues Carter because he's liable as publisher (same with Betty White getting sued who read the book on tape). However, said accident only happened because the driver got aroused by said book on tape and tried to take his shirt off while he's driving! Basically, the whole thing was his fault, and he has nothing to sue over!
- Shout-Out: A cutaway gag shows a fictional Early Installment Weirdness version of the Griffin family based on The Simpsons as seen on the Tracy Ullman Show
- Carter Pewtershmidt forces a lawyer to fight the Rancor. The lawyer wins.
- Status Quo Is God: Carter becomes rich again at the end of the episode, after Babs divorces Ted Turner and takes half his money.
- Take That!: Peter Griffin claims Carter is going to love living with them more than Julia Roberts loves herself.
- Train Job: One of Peter and Carter's plans to get rich involves this. They get on the train, discover that the train is empty and end up having to pay for train tickets they didn't even want.