Ed, Edd n Eddy's Hanky Panky Hullabaloo is the second special of Ed, Edd n Eddy, first aired in 2005. It holds the distinction as the first story to take place in the school, opposed to the cul-de-sac.
May falls head over heels in love with Edd instead of Ed, thanks to two cherubs who bear an uncanny resemblance to Jimmy and Sarah, and Edd finds he's falling for May as well. This causes a rise in tensions between the remaining two Eds and the remaining two Kankers.
- Big Damn Heroes: Rolf saves the day by dousing everyone with a dirty mop when they were all under the spell of the cherubs.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Rolf. He spends most of the episode overly paranoid and babbling what seems like gibberish to the other kids, but in the end, he's the one who ends up fixing everything by finally dealing with the two cherubs that ended up causing the chaos.
- Casanova Wannabe: Eddy with his "Kiss the Hunk" stand, complete with annoying music.
- Celibate Hero: Rolf's the only one unaffected by the Cupids' magic. In fact, it was he who fixes the other kids in the end.
- The Cloud Cuckoolander Was Right: Rolf's extreme paranoia was often met with dismissal from everyone else, until Sarah and Jimmy start to make people go gaga for one another. This causes Rolf to take matters into his own hands and stop them.
- Crack Pairing: In-universe: Edd/May, Kevin/Lee, Jonny/Nazz, Eddy/Plank, and Ed/a sandwich.
- Although not shown much, Marie was suppose to be this for Rolf.
- Eye Scream: Rolf ends up doing this willingly by squeezing lemon juice into his eyes so that he can see the two cherubs that were causing the chaos at the school.
- Girls Have Cooties: What Ed seems to think about all those "yucky, squishy, mushy girls".
- Gross-Up Close-Up: Rolf's self-inflicted Eye Scream is so lovingly detailed, it'll make your own eyes start to burn with sympathy.
- Guilt by Association Gag: Literally the reason why Kevin gave Double D detention.
- Hidden Depths: May, though it's unclear whether or not she knew what she was talking about in an attempt to impress Double D naturally or if it was because of the cherub's magic.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Kevin is punched by Lee for punishing Edd for his sympathy.
- Man Bites Man: When the food fight in the cafeteria turns into a physical fight Eddy briefly bites Lee on the leg, and she is shown reacting in pain to it.
- OOC Is Serious Business:
- With May and Double D paired up, the remaining Kankers become quite antagonistic towards the remaining Eds. It's understandable for Marie to be jealous, but Lee straight up strangles Eddy, the one she likes the most. In fact, despite the Valentine's Day theme of the episode, Lee never once pursues Eddy even though she's frequently in his presence.
- And vice versa for Eddy and Ed, to a lesser extent, who in turn stand up to the other two Kankers, showing none of their usual fear and even fighting back against them.
- Punished for Sympathy: Kevin gives Edd detention because Edd stood up for Eddy.
- Running Gag: Ed constantly putting lunchbags with crudely-drawn pictures on them to ward off girls.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Edd and May. Later all the "couples" mentioned in Crack Pairing above.
- Sugar Apocalypse: A mild case with Sarah and Jimmy (as cherubs) turning everyone into Sickeningly Sweethearts.
- Sympathy for the Devil: When Edd finds May weeping in the janitor's closet, he tries to comfort her and gives her a valentine to help her recover from Ed's rejection .
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: All the cherubs wanted to do was to spread love and happiness on Valentine's Day. By making May and Double D fall in love with one another, they ended up causing anything but in regards to the rest of the students at the school.