Krillin: That's weird. It even feels like I'm out there.
Gohan: It feels like everyone we know is fighting Mr. Piccolo.
Krillin: Except for Yamcha.
Yamcha: Well, duh, that's because I'm right here.
Krillin: (beat) Yeah, that's gotta be it...
Original Airdate: August 24, 2014
Piccolo faces with a new mysterious creature that killed the entire population of Ginger Town, but is confident that with his new power up thanks to the fusion of Kami. But will he expect the secrets behind this creature?
Well I am pretty disturbing! Remember that time I drank those tropes?
- Achievements in Ignorance: Nail is somehow able to throw up inside Piccolo's mindscape upon seeing Cell absorb one of his victims.
- All Your Powers Combined: Cell explains to Piccolo that he's made up of the cells of the universe's greatest fighters, which is why he's able to perform all their special techniques.
- When Cell fires Piccolo's own Makankōsappō technique at him, Kami replies inside the latter's head "So that's how you pronounce it," referencing Piccolo's difficulty with saying the name of the move during the fight with Raditz and eventually using the dub name "Special Beam Cannon" instead.
- In response to Piccolo's Ironic Echo below, Cell replies "I know you're playing me, but I do," the same comment Vegeta made in Episode 37 when Piccolo suggested letting him fight Android 20 instead of Vegeta.
- Captain Obvious: When Piccolo asks Cell if he's the one responsible for killing Ginger Town's inhabitants, Cell replies that it was another guy, last name ShitSherlock, first name No.
- Comically Missing the Point: Upon sensing Piccolo fighting Cell, Gohan and Krillin comment on how it feels like all of the Z-Fighters are fighting Piccolo- except Yamcha. Yamcha thinks it's because he's right there with them.
- Darker and Edgier: Thanks to Imperfect Cell's Nightmare Fuel tendencies from canon being played completely straight and Takahata101's creepy delivery of his lines that aren't already Crossing the Line Twice.
- Eats Babies: Cell at one point coughs up a pacifier. He's surprised by it, mostly because "it's not even the right hole."
- Fun with Subtitles: Cell's name continues to be the Lenny Face emoticon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) until he comes up with "Cell" as his name during his exposition.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Piccolo feigns defeat when one of his arms is drained, conning Cell into some exposition before plucking off and re-growing his useless arm.
- Insistent Terminology: Cell tells Piccolo that he's "completely bio-mechanical, unlike my siblings, Cyborgs 17 and 18." He lets out a "Good for you; You're wrong," when Piccolo explains that they call them Androids.
- Ironic Echo: Cell asks Piccolo if he "wants to see something cool" before firing Piccolo's own Makankōsappō technique at him. Piccolo asks him the same thing before tearing the arm Cell drained off and using his regenerative abilities to regrow it.
- Just Between You and Me: With his arm drained by Cell, Piccolo feigns defeat in order to get Cell to reveal his backstory to him to buy time while he builds up energy to regenerate his arm.
- Literal-Minded: Android 18's framing of her question on Android 16's repairs of the van's transmission leaves a lot to be desired:Android 18: Hey 16, how's that tranny coming along?
Android 16: I don't believe the car identifies as either male or female.
- Fortunately, 16 does eventually put two and two together.Android 16: Wait, did you mean the transmission? Because it's fixed. (cranks the motor)
- Fortunately, 16 does eventually put two and two together.
- Precision F-Strike: Piccolo lets out a frustrated "Goddamnit!" when Cell reveals that he's yet another creation of Dr. Gero's.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here! / Villain: Exit, Stage Left: Upon Krillin and Trunks arriving to back up Piccolo, Cell blinds his opponents with a Solar Flarenote before retreating.
- Cell asks Piccolo what he's doing in Ginger Town. Piccolo says it's because he sensed a disturbance.
- This bit from Cell:Cell: (thinking) So, he's faster than me, that might be a slight pain in the ass, but-(gets literally kicked in the rear end by Piccolo) Ahh! My assbutt!
- While Cell is explaining his backstory to Piccolo, when he gets to the part about his Evil Plan to arrive in the past to absorb the Androids of this timeline, the camera begins tilting to an angle like the villains' lairs in the 1960's live-action Batman show.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Trunks is surprised that Krillin was somehow able to fly up next to him without Trunks sensing him until Krillin started speaking to him. Krillin then lampshades this trope, calling it "stealth mode."
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: When Piccolo finds Cell, he's in the middle of absorbing one of his victims and asks what's going on here.Cell: (chuckles malevolently) Let's answer your question with another question.
Piccolo: Yeah, and what's tha-
Cell: WANNA SEE ME DRINK THIS GUY?! (injects tail into victim)
- You Monster!: Piccolo calls Cell this after Cell explains why he absorbs his victims. Cell sarcastically replies that he hasn't heard that one screamed at him today.