Linda tries to connect with Tina when she chaperones her class to a hotel's heroine conference. Meanwhile, Gene and Louise throw a bachelor party for Bob when he admits to never having gotten one.
- Aesop Amnesia: Linda doesn't seem to have remembered the last time she went overboard trying to bond with one of her daughters, in "Mother Daughter Laser Razor".
- Alpha Bitch: Dillon, a girl Tina meets at the hotel. Justified considering her mother is trying too hard to connect with her.
- Bland-Name Product: The Brewster Courtyard Gardens Hotel is a combination of the two hotel subsidiaries Courtyard by Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: When Linda sees a fellow mother having a tough time reconciling with her daughter, she fears that Tina may be going down the same path as well.
- Catapult Nightmare: After Linda's crazy nightmare about losing touch with Tina ends with her trapped in a giant scrapbook with Dillon's mom, Linda wakes up with a start, shouting about "scalloping scissors".
- Description Cut: Bob's okay with his kids drawing on his face as long as it's tasteful. A cut reveals that curls to his mustache and "Boy Toy" were drawn on him as he's sleeping.
- Face Doodling: Bob has this happen to him while he sleeps.
- Frothy Mugs of Water: Bob, Gene, Louise and Teddy down shots of apple juice at their "Dad-Chelor Party".
- I'll Never Tell You What I'm Telling You!: At the hotel, Tina mentions that she's never seen so many girls her age together in one place. Tammy quips that it's because they don't tell her where they hang out, to which Jocelyn adds, "It's not the mall."
- Ironic Echo: Done when Linda finds out she's banned from the hotel.Manager: She is no longer welcome here at the Brewster Courtyard Gardens Hotel.
Linda: But your motto is "You're always welcome at the Brewster Courtyard Gardens Hotel"!
Manager: Not you! Not anymore!
- Loose Lips: Louise accidentally admits that Linda puts Teddy's burger outside if the restaurant closes before he can get there. She justifies it by saying she puts it on a plate.
- My Beloved Smother: Dillon's mother tries way too hard to bond with her. Linda does the same to Tina for fear that she'll end up like Dillon. Deconstructed when Linda's methods cause a falling out between her and Tina.
- Noodle Incident: What did Gene and Louise draw on Bob's back while he slept?
- Oh, Crap!: Linda when Mr. Frond catches her sneaking around the hotel after hours.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Tina snaps at Linda when the latter's antics cause her to be banned from the hotel.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Linda sneaks back into the hotel wearing a pair of sunglasses, a bandana and a bikini T-shirt that stretches down to her knees.
- Poke the Poodle: Linda's initial pranks at the hotel include spelling out messages in fries and sending a can of soda for a ride in the elevator.
- Toilet Humor: Tina is chosen to ask a question to an astronaut because she's the only one in the class whose question wasn't "How do you poop in space?"
- Trilogy Creep: Gene invokes this by mentioning a possible third Sex and the City movie.