After the death of yet another agent, ISIS needs a new operative and a racial minority, and Malory hires Conway Stern, a black, Jewish man, to fill the position. Meanwhile, Archer is worried that Conway has his sights set on marrying Malory and cutting him out of her will.
This episode provides examples of:
- Back Stab: Conway literally does this to Archer before attempting to leave Miami with the plans.
- Characterization Marches On: After she has sex with Conway, Crystal/Carol/Cheryl hopes she's pregnant. In later episodes she is utterly squicked out by anything involving babies or childbirth.
- Coitus Ensues: After delivering shrimp to Conway, he and Crystal have an off-screen sex scene.
- Erotic Asphyxiation: If you look closely on Crystal's neck after she and Conway have sex, you can see red marks around her neck. A few episodes later she will go into far too much detail about her obsession with being choked.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: During a scuffle in the locker room, Archer and Conway state that they're both straight, despite the awkward Homoerotic Subtext that lurks there.
- Irony: Just as Archer decides not to kill Conway, Conway stabs him in the back.
- Mr. Fanservice: Conway has a toned body and he attracts a few female cast members.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Lana is completely right to be suspicious of Conway, but her suspicion of him seems to stem mostly from professional jealousy.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Archer vomits off-screen after Pam tells him that his complaint against Conway is rejected and after he learns that his mother is involved with Conway.