Simple Man is a 1982 album by Klaus Nomi, the second and final album in his catalogue released during his lifetime. "Simple Man" and "Falling In Love Again" were released as singles.
Sadly Nomi died two years later, casting an eerie shadow over the final track of this album, which is called "Death".
- "From Beyond" (2:51)
- "After the Fall" (4:43)
- "Just One Look" (3:19)
- "Falling In Love Again" (2:39)
- "ICUROK" (4:24)
- "Rubberband Lazer" (4:20)
- "Wayward Sisters" (1:43)
- "Ding Dong" (3:03)
- "Three Wishes" (3:18)
- "Simple Man" (4:18)
- "Death" (4:18)
- "Return" (2:07)
- After the End: "After the Fall".But I'm telling you hold on, hold onTomorrow we'll be thereAfter the fall we'll be born, born, born againAfter it all blows awayAfter the fall, after the fallAfter it all blows away
- Alliterative Title: "Ding Dong"
- As the Good Book Says...: "After The Fall" mentions that "the freak will inherit the Earth", which is a pun on "the meek" in the original sermon of the mountain given by Jesus Christ.
- Bilingual Bonus: "Falling In Love Again" is sang partially in English, partially in German.
- Cover Version: "Wayward Sisters" and "Death" are lifted from Henry Purcell's "Dido & Aeneas". "Ding Dong" is a cover from the Harold Arlen and E.Y. "Yip" Harburg song from The Wizard of Oz. "From Beyond" and "Return" are based on compositions by John Dowland. "Just One Look" is a cover by Doris Troy.
- Classical Music: Two tracks are by composers Henry Purcell and two others by John Dowland.
- Death Song: "Ding Dong" and "Death"But death invades meDeath is now a welcome guestWhen I am laid in earthMay my wrongs create no troubleNo trouble in thy breast
- Epic Instrumental Opener: "From Beyond"
- Face on the Cover: Nomi's face in a frame.
- The Future Will Be Better: Contrary to "Total Eclipse" from his previous album Klaus Nomi "After The End" has a more hopeful message for people on Earth after the nuclear explosion. Well, kind of:Well, the freak shall inherit the earth nowNo matter how well done or rareBut I'm telling you hold on, hold onTomorrow we'll be thereWe'll build our radioactive castlesOut in the radioactive air
- Mundane Made Awesome: "Simple Man" a song about a simple man "doing the best he can".
- One-Man Song: "Simple Man"
- One Countertenor Wail: "From Beyond" and it's reprise, "Return."
- One-Word Title: "Death" and "Return"
- Opera: Just like his previous album.
- The Power of Love:
Love's always been my gamePlay it as I mayI was made that wayI can't help itThey cluster to meLike moths around a flameAnd if their wings burnI know I'm not to blame
- "Falling In Love Again".
Just one lookAnd I knew I'll get you some day
- "Just One Look"
- Record Producer: Ron Johnsen.
- Single Malt Vision: "ICUROK"I see double, you are two
- Song of Song Titles: In "After the Fall":So I told you about the total eclipse now, but still it caught you unawares...
- Three Wishes: "Three Wishes"In a flower there was a fairyAnd the fairy said: "3 Wishes!"Mother got a poolDaddy got a horseAnd I got a dressSailing in the blue ocean
- Title Track: "Simple Man"
- Touched by Vorlons: "Rubberband Lazer"Travelling through the galaxyLooking for a homeInterstellar tragediesLiving like a gnomeStretching like a comet trailFrom star to star and backIntergalactic happy trailsKeep me on the track
- Word Salad Lyrics: "ICUROK"Icurok2c