"Roses" was a song from Outkast's 2003 album, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, which was made into a music video directed by Bryan Barber.
The video features examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: The video appears to be set in the 50's or 60's, but Big Boi mentions an ATM machine and AIDS tests in his rap.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Caroline, according to the song.
- Bull Seeing Red: Invoked by a scene where Andre B. uses a cape to taunt a fake bull.
- Camp Straight: Kat Williams's character.
- Dean Bitterman: The principal, played by Kevin McDonald. "Who wants to take me on next?"
- Driving a Desk: Occurring behind Caroline when she's somehow on stage.
- Genre Roulette: The musical, "The Love Below" features a street scene, a classroom scene, a bullfight, an astronaut on Mars, a car crash, and the Wicked Witch of the West.
- Gold Digger: Caroline is implied to be this by Big Boi's rap.
- Jerk Jock: Freddy Floater (Big Boi), described as "Team Captain", "Most Athletic" and the class bully.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: All about Caroline.
- The '60s: The yearbook is stated to be from 1964 and most of the video is stylistically similar to fashions of that period.
- Storybook Opening: Played with. The yearbook isn't closed, but a person is asleep on the page that says, "The End."
- Unusual Euphemism: "Which one of you Speakerboxxxes hit me in The Love Below?"
- A Wild Rapper Appears!: Normally Big Boi's appearance would be expected. However, this is the only song on Andre B.'s half of the album where he appears.
- Witch with a Capital B: Not only does the video refer to Caroline as a "witch", it also features "Learn to divide, witch!" on the blackboard, plus a cameo by the Wicked Witch of the West.