And then in 2017, ''TheMostHated'' EP dropped, marking a hard left turn in their sound.
TheMostHated incorporated trap beats, pop synths, and drum machines into their sound, creating a weird but very original take on their contemporaries, and it was such a wild success that they haven't looked back since, releasing their next album and their next five singles using this formula, and they don't appear to be slowing down whatsoever.
They are also characterized by their deeply un-serious-but-serious personas, especially Tim and Scott, who basically spend interviews and videos messing around and telling jokes when they aren't playing.
- Tim Henson - Guitar
- Scott LePage - Guitar
- Clay Gober - Bass
- Clay Aeschliman - Drums
- Resurrect (Demo) - (2011)
- Inspire - EP, 2013
- Muse - 2014, re-released in 2015
- Renaissance - 2016
- TheMostHated - EP, 2017
- New Levels New Devils - 2018
- TBA - 2021
Polyphia and their music contains examples of:
- Deadpan Snarker: The whole band is this. They insisted on calling themselves "true christian metal"...while releasing their intentionally raunchiest video.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Tim is an extremely attractive, young, fashionable looking guy.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Go listen to their first couple of E Ps and first album after listening to Renaissance or anything after that. You'd think an entirely different band made them.
- Instrumentals: All but two of their songs don't feature a singer.
- Name's the Same: Two Clays!
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: Instrumental Djent that somehow became Trap-Prog-Rap-Metal-Rock.
- Re-release the Song: LIT is actually Light from Renaissance, but re-orchestrated and with additional trap/pop elements, and as a result it sounds extremely different.
- Special Guest: Lewis Grant appears on Look But Don't Touch.
- Take That, Us: In a gear video, Tim notes that he and Scott are probably the worst two people DiMarzio could've possibly gotten to either talk about their gear or sell it.
- Some of their merch says "Fuck Polyphia".
- Trolling Creator: Polyphia sells a hoodie that loudly insists that their 4th album is just a myth and is not coming out...right next to a hoodie that insists that it will be coming out in spring of 2021.
- Uncommon Time