Tropes that describe the music of The Reverend Horton Heat:
- All Deserts Have Cacti: "Ain't No Saguaro in Texas" is a complaint about this trope.
- Break-Up Song: "Where The Hell Did You Go With My Toothbrush" is a humorous one written after Jim's wife left him.
- Careful with That Axe: Heath tends to yell excitedly in song intros.
- Food Songs Are Funny: "Eat Steak"
- Intercourse with You: "Let Me Teach You How To Eat" is food puns mixed with allusions to sex acts and the music video amplifies the effect. "Love Whip" is both this as well as Obligatory Bondage Song. Many other songs as well...
- Ode to Intoxication: Roughly half the band's songs are about drinking.
- Sex Drugs And Rock N Roll: The prime focus of most of the lyrical output of the band.
- Signature Song: "Psychobilly Freakout'