The Revolutionary Hydra were an indie band on Barsuk Records based in Washington. It had a rotating cast of members, including Bart Sharp, Joe Chilcote, Jay Chilcote, Benjamin Gibbard (of Death Cab for Cutie), Pepe, Chris Walla (also of Death Cab for Cutie), Allisyn Levy, Robbie Skrocki, and Herbert Bergel.
- The PEEFs (2004)
- Knockout to Dispense (2002
- Airport Transit Guide (2002)
- The Antiphony (2001)
- The Swiss Admiral (2001)
- Queen of the Gravity Urge (2000)
- Ratcheting Down the Melancholic Afterbeat; A Novel (1999)
- Hiss Inclusive (1998)
- Tidbits of Etcetra (1998)
- Your Bruise (1998) split with Death Cab for Cutie
- Pacer v. The Hydra (1997)
- The Left-Handed Scissors Incident (1997)
- Jazz Mesopotamia (1996)
- The Revolutionary Hydra (1995)
- Covered Up: "The Face that Launched 1000 Shits" has actually only been recorded by Death Cab for Cutie. It was originally a Revolutionary Hydra song they only played live.
- Lighter and Fluffier: Bunny Parade, the only song purely sung by Allisyn Levy
- Shout-Out: To numerous literary works.
- The name of the band itself was taken from Anna Karenina
- "Good News for the Warm Blooded", "Off Ratcheting Down the Melancholic Afterbeat" references the Slaughterhouse-Five and The Sot-Weed Factor.
- Word Salad Title:
- "William Wizard Cauliflower"
- "Egg Toss Frequency"