Rezz (stylized as RΞZZ) is a Canadian EDM producer and DJ from Niagara Falls, Ontario. Known for her unique dark, trippy and bass-heavy music style.
Real name Isabelle Rezazadeh, she was born on march 28, 1995 in Ukraine to an Ukrainian mother and Iranian father. She moved to Niagra Falls, Canada at a young age (coincidentally where another known canadian EDM producer hails from). She traveled to Toronto infrequently, and attended dubstep shows by artists like Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Zeds Dead, amongst others. Rezz's involvement in the Toronto scene helped grow her gritty style. Events like Bassmentality and older shows at the legendary Guverment helped shape not only Rezz, but an era of electronic music producers who became inspired from early DJ college tours.
Rezz began to DJ at the age of 16, playing music by other artists until she became inspired by a deadmau5 concert to create her own. She was eventually noticed by Skrillex and released her debut EP Insurrection in 2015 on Skrillex's record label OWSLA. Later the same year she was picked up by deadmau5, the same guy who inspired her to produce in the first place and released the EP The Silence is Deafening in 2016. She released her debut album Mass Manipulation on mau5trap in late 2017.
- Insurrection (2015)
- The Silence is Deafening (2016)
- Something Wrong Here (2016)
- Mass Manipulation (2017)
Tropes Related to Rezz:
- Affectionate Nickname: Her fans often like to refer to her as "Space mom"
- Disney Acid Sequence: Her music video to Premonition is pretty much this.
- Fan Community Nicknames: Her fans are often reffered to as "The cult of Rezz"
- Promoted Fanboy: deadmau5 inspired her to produce her own music. Now she is signed to his label, has performed back-to-back with him and has even hinted that they will possibly be doing a collab.
- Human Aliens: The fictionalised version of herself is a young human-looking alien from Neptune with the power of hypnosis through music.
- Hypnotic Eyes: Part of her stage outfit in the form of LED glasses and also the fictionalised version of herself.
- Hypnotic Head: A recurring theme in her stage visuals, album art, music videos etc.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: The LED glasses she wears on stage gives her this effect, just look at the page pic!
- Stylistic Suck: She made a badly drawn snake and shared it on her twitter and referred to it as a "snek" (A reference to an internet meme). She later incorporated this snake drawing into her visuals and even her music video to Premonition featured the design.