Ruelle (actual name, Margaret "Maggie" Eckford) is an electro-pop singer from Mississippi. She's best known for her songs being used in television media.
Born in 1985, on November 21st, she's the middle of three sisters and grew up in Hattiesburg, Miss, attending a private Christian school. At some point, she attended music school in Sydney, Australia. Some time after she became professionally based in Nashville, Tenn, she adopted her current stage name because, apparently, she liked that it gave off an "air of darkness and mystery.
- For What It's Worth (2010)
- Show and Tell (2012)
- Everything It Lost (2015)
- "Tell Me How To Feel"
- Up in Flames (2014)
- "War Of Hearts"
- Deep End' (2015)
- Monsters (2015)
- This is the Hunt
- Madness (2016)
- "Bad Dream"
- Live Like Legends (2016)
- I Get To Love You (2016)
- Game of Survival (2017)
- Rival (2017)
- "The Other Side"
- Invincible (2017)
- "The Downfall"
- "Slip away"
- "Walk Through Fire" by Zayde Wolfe (2016)
- "10 Feet Down" by NF (2017)
- "Revolution" by UNSECRET (2018)
- "Lesley" by Dave (2019)
- An Aesop: Lesley implores abuse victims to leave and get out.
- Break the Cutie: Recover has the subject asking if they can recover from some sort of event or if they're so past it.
- Domestic Abuse: In ''Lesley" (a song she features on), where the titular character is being abused by her boyfriend.
- Downer Ending: Lesley doesn't end on a positive note. The titular woman (and her unborn baby) are implied to die.
- Enemy Within: Rival has a variant in that the singer is reminding herself only she is holding herself back
- Floral Motifs: Best Seen with the cover of Rival (and a few of the singles from that album) as the cover features either roses or poppies.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: Inverted with War of Hearts, as the subject says they can't but to love the one they're infatuated with.
- Sanity Slippage: Deep End and Madness are told from the POV of going through this and them being unsure what to do.
- Stock Trailer Music: More like "Stock Trailer Artist", as she's best known for her songs in trailers/opening themes, such as Dynasties ("Game of Survival"), Shadowhunters ("This is The Hunt"), and The Shannara Chronicles to list a few.
- What You Are in the Dark: Her song Secrets and Lies features this, with the singer proclaiming to see through the subject's intentions.