An American Screamo/Metal Core/glam metal band based in Hollywood, California. Famous for their KISS-like face paint, and having both a strong fan base and strong hatedom, the latter mainly from the metal fan base. They started out as a metalcore-styled band with a penchant for face paint and glam styled theatrics before making these themes overt by switching to a pure hair metal sound, becoming possibly the modern purveyor of the 80's sound.
- We Stitch These Wounds (2010)
- Set the World on Fire (2011)
- Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones (2013)
- Black Veil Brides IV (2014)
- Vale (2018)
- The Night (2019)
- Andy Biersack lead vocals
- Lonny Eagleton - bass, backing vocals
- Jinxx (Jeremy Ferguson) rhythm guitar, violin, backing vocals
- Jake Pitts lead guitar
- CC (Christian "Coma" Mora) drums, percussion
- Chris Hollywood guitars, backing vocals (20072009)
- Ashley Purdy - bass, backing vocals (2009-2019)
- Sandra Alvarenga - drums (2009-2010)
- Pan The Gypsy guitar (20092010)
- Johnny Herold lead guitar (2006)
- Kevin Harris keyboards (20062007)
- Nate Shipp guitars, backing vocals (2006-2007)
- Phil Cenedella bass, backing vocals (2006)
- Chris Riesenberg drums (2006)
- Robert Thomas bass (20072008)
- Mike Stamper drums (20062009)
- "Knives and Pens" (2009)
- "Perfect Weapon" (2010)
- "Fallen Angels" (2011)
- "Set The World On Fire" (2011)
- "In The End" (2013)
This group provides examples of:
- Album Title Drop: In all of their first three albums: "We Stitch These Wounds"; "Set the World on Fire" and "Wretched and Divine"
- Be Yourself: The main message of a majority of their songs.
- Call-Back: Andy's lyric book from "Knives and Pens" shows up again in the video for "Coffin", as he buries the Andy Sixx persona along with it.
- Careful with That Axe
- Concept Album: Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones
- Cover Version: Of Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell" and KISS's "Unholy".
- Deadpan Snarker: Andy in most interviews.
- Fallen Angel: They have a song about this, appropriately called "Fallen Angels"
- Fun with Acronyms: For Every and All Religion, the primary villains of Wretched and Divine.
- Genre Throwback: A new millennium hair metal band.
- Hair Metal: Basically they play music from 1986 in the 2010's. although they do darken the lyrical content and image in comparison to the colorful party atmosphere of the genres heyday. Not to mention they're a little bit heavier than just about all other hair bands (which isn't saying much, though, since hair metal is arguably the least "metal"-sounding sub-genre of metal next to the lighter side of alt-metal).
- Handicapped Badass: Classically trained rhythm guitarist Jinxx, who has come out saying he is epileptic.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Again, all of them.
- Metal Band Mascot: The creature on the cover of their self-titled fourth album, who is named Legion.
- Metalcore: Began as this, although it only lasted for one album.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: 6, with some of their instrumental passages reaching 7.
- "Faithless" is probably their heaviest song to date; it would have reached 8 if it weren't for the clean parts.
- One-Woman Song: "Carolyn"
- Promoted Fanboy: Lonny Eagleton, the new bassist, was already a longtime fan of Black Veil Brides before he became part of the line up. He even has lyrics to In The End tattooed on his arm, which Andy didnt know about the first time they met.
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music: Either played straight or subverted, depending on how you see them.
- Stage Names
- Vocal Evolution: Andy. Partly due to the fact that he started Black Veil Brides at the age of fifteen, and basically went through puberty during the recordings of their Sex and Hollywood EP in 2007 to We Stitch These Wounds in 2010. Not to mention his screaming technique has improved over the years, though it is implemented less than it was in their early work.
- Walking Shirtless Band: Most pictures of them usually have some form of bare chest, especially Andy.
- You Are Not Alone: Part of the lyrics in "Carolyn".
- The theme of "Saviour" as well.