Tropes about various metals and alloys.
- Blood Iron: Extracting the iron within hemoglobin to use for something.
- Chrome Champion: A person whose skin seems to be made of metal.
- Cold Iron: Iron, whether cold-worked, pure, Thunderbolt Iron or something else, that can hurt fairies and other magical beings.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Control over metal as a form of super- or elemental power.
- Fantasy Metals: Fictional metals.
- Hihi'irokane: A legendary Japanese metal said to shine brightly in a way that resembles flames.
- Metallic Motifs: Stock symbolism attached to various metals and alloys.
- Metal Muncher: A being capable of eating pure metals.
- Metal-Poor Planet: A planet without native metals, thereby hinder the growth of technological civilization.
- Mithril: A silvery, light, and super-strong fictional metal, originally from The Lord of the Rings but popular throughout fantasy.
- Orichalcum: A legendary, red-gold precious metal mentioned by Plato as being used in Atlantis.
- Platinum Makes Everything Shinier: Platinum is awesome, and even better than gold!
- Rust-Removing Oil: Lubricating oil that magically makes rust disappear.
- Silver Bullet: Bullets made of silver, used to kill werewolves and other supernatural nasties.
- Silver Has Mystic Powers: Silver associated with magic, mysticism, and supernatural properties.
- Technicolor Blade: Metal blades in fancy colors.
- Thunderbolt Iron: Iron taken from meteorites, often with symbolic or magical power beyond that taken from the ground.