Spoilers Off applies to all Moments pages, so all spoilers below are unmarked!
- When Sasuke looks at Naruto with killing intent and Sakura starts bad-mouthing Naruto, Naruto storms off. Hinata activates her Byakugan and calls Sakura out on this. Shino then gives a logical defense for Naruto, pointing out Sasuke's ill intent.
- "That's bullshit!" Hinata throws Naruto right out of his angst with those words, her faith in him really shining through to him in a true moment of need.
- When Hinata learns the truth from Naruto, she is both shocked by the revelation and saddened to see such a vulnerable side of Naruto. Nonetheless, she reassures him of her confidence in his character, reveals that what happened to him was normal, and expresses her wish for him to stay on the team. Naruto is brought out of his despair, which makes the self-resenting Hinata actually feel triumphant.
- Shino discerns the truth on his own, and also makes a defense and praise for Naruto (albeit a rather logical one, but it was still nice).
- Kurenai tells Naruto that his actions were well within his role on the team. She concludes that she's proud of Naruto—something to which Naruto doesn't know how to react.
- Shino is absolutely furious at how Naruto has been treated, and openly expresses to his father his intention to defend him.
- Naruto takes Hinata to Ichiraku's, and whispers to her that he likes her food better. Hinata doubts this, but she is still thankful.
- Shino gives us two moments. One is when he tears into his clan for their part in the many grievances befalling Naruto. The second is when his father, Shibi, backs him up.
- After realizing in Chapter 11 that she wasn't exactly a kind person, Sakura makes an effort to turn around her attitude, and becomes more amiable with Team 8. She even ships Naruto & Hinata.
- When Sakura accidentally implies Naruto could be malicious, Shino defends him with actual feeling, arguing the opposite is true. Sakura concedes this, and admits she's trying to be kinder. Shino is impressed.
- Naruto's words to Hinata as she recovers from her injuries in the hospital."I just wanted to have lunch with my best friend."
- Naruto turns down the toad contract specifically because he's worried they'd eat Shino's insects, and maybe even Shino in order to get them.
- A subtle one: after Shino and Chouji fight with Shino ending up victorious, Shino arrives back in the examinees' box holding a bag of chips (which Chouji regularly uses to "help replenish his chakra"). It obviously came from Chouji, and it's a sign of deep friendship with him.
- When a spectator bad-mouths Naruto regarding his brutal finishing blow on Neji, Hinata openly and strongly defends him. This act actually changes some of the spectators' views on Naruto, and Kurenai is gladdened by Hinata's boldness.
- After seeing in the previous chapter that Gaara isn't quite as invincible as he seemed, Temari shows some actual fear and concern for him. Later, Naruto uses this knowledge to shake Gaara out of his despondency, pointing out that Temari, along with Kankurō, are desperately fighting on his behalf.
- A deeply shaken Naruto's meeting with the right-armless Hokage. Naruto knew why the villagers hated him, but he only partially knew it was because of the Hokage's actions. Despite all that, the first thing he does is embrace the Hokage, and the old man realizes that Naruto has forgiven him.
- Referencing the events of Chapter 15, Kurenai reveals that one of Hinata's happiest memories is Naruto calling her his best friend.
- Naruto's answer to Neji's question of why he spared his life when he obviously didn't want to all boils down to this: Because Hinata asked him to.Naruto: I visited your cousin in the hospital after you nearly killed her. I saw her every day, and she never mentioned seeing a single member of her family when she was there. She really only asked for one thing from me when I visited her. Do you know what that was?Neji: [shakes his head]Naruto: Your life.
- Naruto and Jiraya's father/son moment:Jiraiya: Your sensei was a jonin, brat, facing one of the most dangerous missing-nins of their generation; I doubt at this point you'd have been anything but a hindrance. Your job is to work your ass off and get good enough so that when you do get a chance, you can clean hisnote fucking clock. Do you understand me?
Naruto: [nodding] Does it ever get any easier?
Jiraiya: Not even a little... and if it ever does, then I don't want to know you. Understand?
- The funeral scene:
- Naruto is approaching his teammates to go together to the funeral when he sees they each have family members with them. Naruto is especially struck in that moment that he doesn't have any family to support him, but then he feels a hand on his shoulder and turns around to see Iruka and Konohamaru's group there to fulfill the role.
- Shino and Hinata comforting Naruto when he finally breaks down, Hinata in defiance of her father.
- Kakashi and Asuma quietly sidle up to flank Hiashi and threaten him to prevent him disrupting the funeral to reprimand Hinata. Kakashi goes as far as to threaten to reveal to the village a couple dozen techniques he's copied that can defeat the Byakugan.
- Gai offers Naruto the Turtle Summoning contract. Naruto accepts.
- Naruto's goodbyes to Shino and Hinata as he leaves for his training journey with Jiraiya.
- Over the timeskip, Neji starts showing more kindness to his cousin, communicating to her with letters. When the two happen upon each other, he gives a very subtle kind greeting, which Hinata gratefully returns.
- Naruto comes home and goes with Hinata to Ichiraku's and finds out that she's had a new type of ramen dish (heavier on protein, lower sodium, better for ninjas) named after him. Naruto is so touched he's rendered speechless - at first.Naruto: [hugs Hinata hard enough to lift her off her feet] Best. Homecoming. Ever.
- At the end of the chapter, finally They Do.