Spoilers Off applies to all Moments pages, so all spoilers below are unmarked!
- Hinata is so used to abuse and rejection by her family, she actively looks for a veiled insult behind any compliments she receives from her teammates. She honestly does not know how to react when she realizes they're not trying to insult her at all.
- Team 8 rest at an inn between Konoha and Iwa. The couple who owns the place treat them well; the wife in particular dotes on Naruto, who reminds her of her son. Kurenai later reveals that the son was a Konoha ninja who died in a chunin exam.
- Naruto's emotionally dealing with his first kills. It's made worse by the Nine-Tails' corrupting influence at the time and his doctor having said he wouldn't have a problem with it, like a monster who'd enjoy it.
- There's something tragic about how Hinata dreams of becoming one of Naruto's chuunin guards when he becomes Hokage. She has such a terrible perspective of her value that she can't even imagine something better than that, and it also shows how Naruto was the only bright light in her life for years.
- Sakura overhearing Naruto's conversation with Lee and realizing that she hasn't been a nice person.
- When Kurenai visits her in the hospital, Hinata is so filled with self-hate that she is wishing for death and considers herself nothing but a failure. Resorting to Brutal Honesty, Kurenai tells her that fighting suicidally was selfish, even accusing her of not caring for her teammates or how they would be affected by her death. Hinata is shocked and especially distraught by this.
- When Naruto visits Hinata in the hospital, she starts crying uncontrollably, and the desperate Naruto is at a complete loss how to help her. Then he learns that Kurenai considered removing her from the team. Naruto storms out and confronts Kurenai, but she asks him if he would rather let her die. Naruto is at a loss how to respond, or what to do.
- Kurenai's death.
- The funeral scene.