As a Moments subpage, all spoilers are unmarked as per policy. You Have Been Warned.
- The Decepticons escape Autobot City riding inside of Astrotrain, and the massive space-shuttle begins to shake, telling the survivors "Jettison some weight or I won't make it back to Cybertron!!" Starscream, being Starscream, of course took this chance:Starscream: (Megatron in his arms) Aww, how it "pains" me to do this!Megatron: Wait... I still function!Starscream: Wanna bet? (Drops Megatron like a bag of rubbish)Megatron: (Floats down motionlessly across the screen PAINFULLY obvious that he's just cell dragged across the camera) SSSSTAAAAARSCREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAM!!!
Soundwave: Soundwave: superior. Constructicons: inferior!Bonecrusher: Who you calling inferior!?Hook: No one would follow an uncharismatic bore like you!
- Then the little-bastard proposes that he should be Decepticon leader. The Constructicons protest, saying that they transform into Devastator, the biggest Decepticon of all. Soundwave protests against both of them, in a rare instance of him showing a sense of humour.
- "HEY, NOBODY CALLS SOUNDWAVE UNCRASSAMATIC!" "YEAH, LET'S KICK TAILGATE!"
- The whole sequence is even funnier if you know that, according to Word of God, Starscream won leadership by standing in the far side of Astrotrain while everyone else was fighting and then clocking the guy who actually won the fight.
- At Starscream's coronation:Astrotrain: *just about to put the crown on Starscream's head*Constructicons: *playing trumpets*Starscream: Get on with the ceremony!Astrotrain: *tries to put the crown on Starscream again*Constructicons: *interrupts with trumpets again, mockingly*Starscream: *shoots the trumpets*
Galvatron: Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy.Starscream: Megatron? Is that you?Galvatron: Here's a hint! *transforms and shoots him dead*
- And then Ramjet points his guns at the Constructicons just to be sure they won't interrupt again. One gets the feeling that one of the Constructicons were the ones who Starscream ambushed in the previously-mentioned fight.
- When Galvatron shows up, he delivers one of the funniest moments in the movie.
- Unicron gets one, in a surprisingly sarcastic moment;Megatron: You have nothing to fear! I have already crushed Optimus Prime with my bare hands!Unicron: You exaggerate.
Megatron: The point is he's dead, and the Matrix died with him!Unicron: No, the point is you are a fool.
- Not to mention him giving the most bored, nonchalantly spoken "You Have Failed Me" ever heard from a Big Bad after Galvatron screams furiously at him for torturing his mind.
- An overconfident robot tyrant getting snark from a bored planet-eating god who just wants to recruit him for a job:
Unicron: I will provide you with a new body and new troops to command.Megatron: And?Unicron: And nothing! You belong to me now.Megatron: I belong to nobody!Unicron: Perhaps I've misjudged you. (passive-aggressive tone) Proceed, on your way to oblivion.Megatron: No! No! I accept your terms! I accept!*the Agony Beam stops*Unicron: (with the tone of a grandmother glad that her grandson finally agrees to try her cookies) ...Excellent.
- After that, the conversation has Unicron talk to Megatron like a frustrated grandparent to a petulant child.
- Optimus Prime's landbound rampage on the Decepticons. Made even better with Thrust, whose terrified expression is reflected in Optimus' grill as he gets run over.
- During Prime's Foe-Tossing Charge, Blitzwing desperately, trying to get out of the way, and just barely suceeding. Especially funny if you look at Prime's Dashboard instead of Blitzwing and realize that as Blitzwing was dodging, Prime was swerving in order to catch him, before giving up and righting himself to charge at the rest of the Decepticons. That's right. Blitzwing only dodged that bullet because Prime couldn't be bothered. Adds an extra helping of humor to what is already an awesome moment.
- Funnier still, if you look, you'll notice Blitzwing has his rifle in hand when Prime first appears, but when he barely dodges him, he doesn't have it anymore. Meaning he dropped his gun in his panic to get out of the way.
- "Me Grimlock no bozo! Me king!"
Slag: (to the prosector, as he's still being squashed) Excuse me!
- And the Dinobots' Dynamic Entry into Hot Rod and Kup's trial and flattening the Quintesson prosecutor in the process.
Grimlock: Me Grimlock no kisser! Me king!
- A Junkion kisses Grimlock.
Magistrate: Sharkticons, execute them!(The Sharkticons hesitatingly go into robot modes)Grimlock: (Stomps and shakes the whole room and points at the Quintesson) Me Grimlock say execute them.(The Sharkticons look at each other for a moment before grinning and attacking the Quintessons)
- After Grimlock and the Dinobots curbstomp the Sharkticons, we have this.
- The Sharkticons' Dinobot-instigated rebellion is immediately followed by Kup's Deadly Euphemism reaction:Kup: I think the problems on this planet are going to be solved very shortly.
- The Dinobots attack Unicron with the battle cry from their leader "Me Grimlock kick butt!" The four proceed to literally attack Unicron's rear end, annoying him and giving us the amusing image of the planet-sized Transformer reaching back to clasp his hand over his butt to drive them off. "Me Grimlock need new strategy!"
- The entire scene where the Junkions and their... unusual pattern of speaking are introduced.Wreck-Gar: Stop, thief! No welcome wagon, hello stranger, with that new coffee flavor for you! Offer expires while you wait, operators are standing by!
- The fight scenes against the Junkions. It helps that "Dare to Be Stupid" plays during this scene.
- After surviving an assault from the Decepticons, Ultra Magnus asks Perceptor if there's anywhere close where they can repair their damaged vessel. Perceptor launches into a ridiculously unnecessary spiel, only to catch Ultra Magnus staring at the ceiling looking completely bored. Even Springer gives him a look that practically shouts "get to the point, man..."
- Starscream shooting his own foot to escape Autobot City's transformation. It falls under Amusing Injuries since, in the scale of Transformer injuries, a foot shot is basically nothing. His scream of "my foot!" as he flies away really sells it.
- Right before he shoots, he gives an "Ohhhhhh..." in a This Is Going to Suck tone.
- As the Dinobots fight the Constructicons, Devastator slams Snarl in the back, causing his eyes to bug out and gain pupils for a brief moment.
- Grimlock's love of Kup's old war stories.
- Grimlock: Me Grimlock love Kup old war stories! Tell Grimlock about the Petro Rabbits again!Kup: (visibly annoyed) I'll give you Petro Rabbits...
- This exchange between the Dinobots.
- Swoop: Me Swoop no see nothing.Grimlock: Me Grimlock positive Hot Rod and Kup close.Slag: Me Slag say you full of beryllium baloney!Grimlock: Me Grimlock say you full of cesium salami.Slag: Beryllium baloney!
- Hot Rod and Kup's "trial" (if you can call it that):Magistrate: Silence, or you will be held in contempt of this court!Hot Rod: I have nothing but contempt for this court!
- After witnessing Kranix get fed to the Sharkticons earlier:Hot Rod: We have got to get a new travel agent.
- Hot Rod and Kup's meeting with the Allicons starts off pretty smoothly...Hot Rod: I thought they were supposed to reciprocate. No more!
Kup: Empty! (tosses empty Energon treat box.)
Allicons: (start roaring, transforming and then attacking as the negotiation nosedives)
- Admit it. You laughed when Spike Witwicky said the S-word after the explosives failed to destroy Unicron.Spike: Oh, shit! What are we gonna do, now?!
- In a bit of Black Comedy, Hot Rod asks Kup how he got out of a similar situation in the past. Kup's delivery is priceless:Kup: I'm tryin' to remember. We had an awful lot of casualties that day.