- Initially, Tatsumi doesn't want to join Night Raid. Leone ignores him and has Bulat haul him off of his feet and to their base.Tatsumi: I DON'T WANNA MURDER PEOPLE!Bulat: Awww.... It gets easier (Bishie sparkles show up)
Guard: As the name implies, they tend to attack by night.
- Tatsumi's introduction to Night Raid by reputation.
- Earlier in the second episode, Tatsumi was led by Najenda's words to assume that the members of Night Raid were all heroes of justice. The whole group (save for Akame) responds to his assumption with a fit of hysterical laughter.Tatsumi: So the killing you do now, is basically finding the bad guys and taking out the trash. In other words, you're assassins of Justice!
Everyone else: *Laughter*
Tatsumi: What is it? What's so funny?
Bulat (After being introduced to Tatsumi about being gay): Now don't give him the wrong idea. [Bishie sparkles appear] yet...
- Bulat's introduction, complete with Bishie Sparkles.
- The first time Leone and Tatsumi have a real heart to heart connection with each other, she flirts with him by licking his face, claiming that she's marked him as hers. This being Tatsumi, he reacts with as much embarrassment as you'd expect while she playfully jumps after him.
- In Episode 13:
- The first meeting of the group that will be later known as the Jaegars.
- It starts with the introduction of Wave, walking to the Imperial HQ carrying a sack of fresh fish from his home town as gifts. He thinks himself fitting in fine in the big city, but notes that people are looking at him funny, unaware (or perhaps just doesn't care) that people are noting that he's obviously from the country.
- He then enters the designated meeting room for his new team in the imperial palace, but not before remembering his father's advice to give a strong first impression. As soon as he enters, he sees a shirtless burly masked man staring at him, and quickly shuts the door in fear, noting that it must be the torture's room. He then looks at his memo and looks up, finding that the room is the designated meeting room. He reluctantly goes back in and after a few moments, is visibly unnerved by how the masked man is staring at him.
- Several people then start entering the room: (in order) a cute but silent girl who doesn't want to share the cookies she's eating, a lively girl with metal arms and her dog, and a definitely gay guy who compliments Wave's good looks. Wave thinks all of them are weirdos.
- The last person to enter introduces himself in a normal way, causing wave joy for finally meet a relatively normal person. Also, the masked guy finally decided to speak up confessing that he was just shy.
- Esdeath and her interactions with Tatsumi are a gold mine for laughs.
- When they first meet, she offers him a reward for having won the fighting tournament. Tatsumi thinks it's a cash prize, and although he doesn't like accepting money from the enemy, he's ready to do so and walk off. Only the "reward" is belonging to her. She slaps a collar around his neck and basically kidnaps him with the entire stunned crowd watching.
- When in the palace, she casually introduces him to her subordinates. Only Tatsumi is chained to a chair by his collar, clearly unhappy. She thinks it's normal because she wants Tatsumi to stand out as her lover. After Wave explains that the collar isn't the best of ideas, Esdeath asks who among the Jaegers has a lover. Bols is the one who raises his hand. He's been married for six years.
- She then asks him for advice about how to win Tatsumi's heart, to which Bols' reply was persistence, citing himself as an examplenote . Esdeath is then seen taking notes.
- When they are teleported to a faraway island Tatsumi asks her to hit him without leaving a serious wound in order to see if the island is an illusion. Esdeath's reaction is to blush and state that she wasn't aware that Tatsumi also had such interests.
- Also on the island, when Esdeath tells Tatsumi that they have to spend the night together, she says "It's your destiny, so you choose." The scene pans behind them, and then there appears a dialog box like you would see in a dating sim, with three choices that all involve Tatsumi wanting to stay with Esdeath. Better yet, when the box appears, Tatsumi looks over his shoulder, and is troubled by his lack of options.
- Oh, SusanooBoss: The Revolutionary Army let me use him because I'm the first person he's ever responded to.Susanoo: She resembles my old master. He was a great man.Tatsumi: MAN?!
- Leone and Tatsumi start laughing, and then get hit by the Boss in retribution.
- The reasons that Sheele doesn't have a job at the base;
- When she tried to cook, she burned the meat, which got the normally cool-headed chef Akame annoyed.
- When she tried to clean, she ended up making an even bigger mess for Bulat to clean up.
- When she tried to shop, she mistook sugar for salt and bought a ridiculously large amount - Leone couldn't stop laughing about it.
- And finally, when she tried to do laundry, she (somehow) accidentally put Mine in along with the wash. Almost as funny: Tatsumi doesn't really mind that last one.
- Leone and Akame help Lubbock and Tatsumi train by sitting on their backs. When Mine comments on this, Lubbock says he needs to step up his game, since Bulat's gone. Leone comments he needs to work harder since he had done only half as many pushups as Tatsumi. Akame comments that would be impossible since Leone is heavier than her. Mien, Lubbock, and Tatsumi look horrified. In the next scene, Akame has a lump on her head.
- Behold the Theatre. Even crazy killers can be adorable.
- The first time Chelsea interacts with the team. She's able to win Akame's trust by offering her a lollipop and makes fun of Mine by calling her flat-chested and dumb.
- Tatsumi tries to play a prank on Chelsea while she's taking a bath, but she turns into Susanoo and tricks him by pulling her own prank on him, then threatens to castrate him if he ever tries to peep on her again.
- When Najenda is telling to Night Raid the actions of Bolick, she tells to them that he drugs the food of the followers of the Path of Peace to make them more loyal to him. After hearing that, Lubbock and Susanoo becomes angry... but because Bolick may take advantage of the female followers (in the case of Lubbock) and poisons the food (in the case of Susanoo). Najenda tells them that they had became furious for the complete wrong reasons.
- When Wave decides to comfort Seryu after she hears that Stylish has died, he comes really decided to help his partner... only to encounter her already comforted by Esdeath. Wave's face in that moment is priceless.
- That little snake in a jar near the end of Chapter 34. It's this tiny cobra with the happiest expression on its face and the words 'red snake' written in very small text next to it. It's entirely irrelevant to the plot but it's just so out of nowhere in a series like this.
- Honest, despite being an amoral bastard, also has his moments. When he heards the news about Syura's demise he starts to cry shouting why his son has died in that moment and left him that early. This could lead to an actual heartwarning moment, as the Prime Minister of all people is showing sadness for another individual for the first time in the series. However, after a few seconds, he puts a really hilarious face and diminishes his deceased son saying that he will have another one who will surpass the first.
- Earlier then that, the reaction Honest and the Emperor have when Esdeath wishes to find love is chuckle worthy. Much more so when the Emperor recommends the Prime Minister himself, to the poor bastard's shock. Esdeath politely refuses, saying Honest doesn't take good care of himself and that he won't live much longer. Later on, the Emperor tries recommending Honest's son Syura, to the Prime Minister's dismay.
- The Emperor finding intrigue in Esdeath's pursuit of Tatsumi. Honest, not so much.
- In the Final Battle in the manga, Akame and Leone are tasked to take out the key figures that are involved in the corruption of the Empire including Prime Minister Honest. While their assassinations are considered Moment of Awesome, the demise of their targets can give you a chuckle:
- As bottom feeder Youkan was about to give his last words in a poem, Akame kills him in mid-sentence to deny it.
- Dousen and Koukei attempted to run away while Akame was preoccupied against an Elite Mook who has a trap Teigu, only for Leone to catch them and beat them to death with the latter's Neck Snap... by smelling their bad aroma and following the smell.
- In the final chapter it's revealed that not only did Sazuka survive the final battle, but she made off with Esdeath's severed hand, calling it her severance package. The epilogue caption also mentioned that she managed to learn alchemy for Dorothea to keep the hand from rotting.
- A bit on the Black Comedy side, but in the manga, when Esdeath announces she's in charge of Capital security a citizen attempts to bribe her...she responds by jamming the coins into his eyes. And the little exchange that follows:Esdeath: Try that again and I'll hurt you.Civilian: IT HURTS PLENTY ALREADY!!!
Funny / Akame ga Kill!