A hundred years ago, El Charro was a wealthy, but cruel man who fell in love with a beautiful working-class girl. When she refused his advances, he slaughtered her entire family and puts a curse on her family line. If they ever return to his land, his spirit will rise from the grave and kill them all. Now, in the modern day, Maria and her friends are on vacation in Arizona and stumble upon the site of the curse. El Charro awakens and begins his cruel work...
It was distributed on DVD by Paramount.
This film contains examples of:
- Big Bad: El Charro, the undead land baron killing everybody.
- Deus ex Machina: Almost literal example. As El Charro is about to kill Maria, Archangel Michael shows up and destroys him.
- Downer Ending: El Charro is destroyed, but not before he kills all but one of the cast. Maria, the Sole Survivor, is driven insane and blamed for the murders, locked in an asylum forever.
- Fan Disservice: The first nudity we see in the film is Maria's sister, who has just killed herself. There's also a lesbian sex scene that starts as straight Fanservice but ends with both people being butchered.
- Hereditary Curse: El Charro cursed the Gonzalez family so that if any of them stepped on his land, he'd kill them and all their friends.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Some placed curses on people in life, and return from the dead to carry them out. They can also torment people with nightmares. Others are the tormented servants of the former, forced to do their bidding against their will.
- Retraux: El Charro's backstory is explained in the form of a silent film.
- The Sociopath: El Charro, a brutal landowner who kills a girl's entire family because she rejected him, then cursed her family that he'd take the next woman of their line who stepped foot on his land as a Sex Slave before being hanged.
- The X of Y