Pas de problème ! (No problem!) is a 1975 French comedy film directed by Georges Lautner and starring Miou-Miou, Jean Lefebvre, Bernard Menez, Henri Guybet, and Anny Duperey.
Anita (Miou-Miou) is waiting for her boyfriend Daniel (Guybet) in her flat. Her bell rings, she opens the door and a corpse falls into her flat. She goes to a nightclub to call Daniel for help, but he is not there. Jean-Pierre (Menez), a guy who tried to pick her up, accepts to help her.
Pas de problème ! provides examples of:
- Action Prologue: The prologue is a Chase Scene. A man is chased by hitmen. There are spectacular car crashes.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Exaggerated. Emmanuelle is not interested in Edmond at all, until she discovers that there is a dead body in his trunk. Then, he becomes irresistible for her.
- Auto Erotica: Edmond has sex with Emmanuelle in his car.
- Bedroom Adultery Scene: Subverted. Anita finds a naked woman in the bed of her boyfriend Daniel, but she is unfazed by it. She critizes Daniel, but does not mention the girl, who herself is still more indifferent to what happens.
- The Cameo: Patrick Dewaere (of Les Valseuses fame) plays the bartender of the nightclub.
- Checkpoint Charlie: Janice crosses the French–Swiss border with Edmond's car. There is a dead body in the trunk and the protagonists are afraid that the customs officers might find it.
- Dead Man's Chest: The vehicular version: a dead body is placed in the trunk of Edmond's car. Edmond drives the car without knowing it.
- Disposing of a Body: The premise of the film: Anita tries to get rid of the body of an unknown man.
- Just Got Out of Jail: Anita just got out of jail. She ended up in jail because she stole discs and TV sets from the shop where she worked. This is the reason why she does not want to tell the cops about the dead body.
- Kavorka Man: Edmond Michalon (played by Jean Lefebvre) is married, but he has a mistress (Janice, played by Anny Duperey) and he manages to seduce Emmanuelle (Paula Moore).
- Love Triangle: Jean-Pierre and Daniel are both attracted to Anita. Daniel was Anita's boyfriend.
- The Mistress: Janice is Edmond's mistress.
- Plot-Triggering Death: The plot is triggered by the murder of the unkown guy who rings Anita's bell just before dying.
- The Precious, Precious Car: Daniel is very proud of his car. It ends up into the Swiss customs office.
- Punk in the Trunk: Anita and Jean-Pierre stuff the dead body in the trunk of Edmond's car.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Jean-Pierre is a sensitive medical student. Daniel, his romantic rival, is a boorish mechanic only interested in cars.
- Shout-Out: When Edmond hears that the name of the young lady who travels with him is Emmanuelle, he asks her if she knows the film.
- Small Town Boredom: Janice would like to leave Annecy, a small town, to live with Edmond in Paris.
- Twisted Christmas: During the days before Christmas, the protagonists are busy with getting rid of a dead body. Moreover, on 24 December, Mrs Michalon decides to break up with her husband Edmond, because of his many infidelities. Subverted, because finally everybody (including Edmond's mistress) celebrates Christmas Eve together.
- Woman Scorned: When Edmond calls his wife, Janice understands that he does not intend to leave his wife. So she drops food on him while he is talking on the phone. Later, she decides to meet Edmond's wife to tell her that she is his mistress.