Julie and Jack is a 2003 independent film, directed by James Nguyen (of Birdemic fame).
Jack is in a dead-end job as a chip salesman, who joins an online dating site, at the insistence of his best friend Mark. He ends up meeting a mysterious woman named Julie Romanov. After a few months of dating, Mark soon realizes he really doesn't know much about Julie, but asking her about her past ends up pushing her away and breaking off contact. Jack then tracks down her old friends, and eventually her parents, only to learn some shocking secrets about his "girlfriend".
- The Cameo: Teppi Heddren as Julie's mother. Doubles as Billing Displacement as she's billed second.
- Creator Cameo: James Nguyen appears briefly as one of Julie's old teachers.
- Dead All Along: As it turns out, Julie died of a brain tumor long before "meeting" Jack.
- Did Not Get the Girl
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- Plot Twist: The film has two, although one is relatively minor. The minor one is that Julie and Jack only meet up in a virtual world, via the dating site. The 2nd, more major one is that Julie is actually dead.
- Weirdness Censor: Julie's parents don't find it that peculiar when Jack shows up at their house, asking questions about her life and death, and stating he had just spoken with her a couple days ago. Her father casually remarks, "You must have been talking to a ghost", but nothing else comes out of that.