Demonic Toys (1992) is a direct-to-video horror film by Full Moon Features, designed to cash in on its earlier Puppet Master series. It centers on a police officer who is terrorized by the titular demonic toys after a botched arrest at the Toyland Warehouse.
Demonic Toys was followed by two crossovers with other Full Moon properties and one true sequel:
- Dollman Vs Demonic Toys (1993) (continuation of Dollman, Demonic Toys, and Bad Channels)
- Puppet Master Vs Demonic Toys (2004) (not considered canon to either franchise)
- Demon Toys 2: Personal Demons (sequel to Demonic Toys and Hideous, but ignores Dollman vs. Demonic Toys)
Tropes associated with this film:
- Abusive Parents: The teenaged Anne was hiding in the vents because she ran away from her abusive father.
- Attempted Rape: The demon takes the form of an adult man to try to rape Judith, but the Toy Soldier shoots him.
- The Big Guy: Grizzly Teddy and Mr. Static shared this role for the first film. Grizzly Teddy could grow to a full sized bear and as such was one of the biggest obstacles, but he only maintained that level of threat in the first film and never displays that power again. By contrast Mr. Static and his ability to fire lasers makes him a much deadlier long range combatant who even kills Judith in the sequel.
- Demonic Possession: What drives the demonic toys (obviously), thanks to a demon to plans to take mortal form by raping a female police officer and possessing the resultant child.
- Elite Four: The main four toys: Jack Attack, Grizzly Teddy, Mr. Static, and Baby Oopsy Daisy. Theyre always seen together whenever the film gets represented, no matter who they work for.
- Expy: Baby Oopsy Daisy is a murderous baby doll with a foul mouth. He's almost Chucky with another name.
- Eye Scream: Baby Oopsy Daisy kills Anne by stabbing her in the eye.
- Fluffy the Terrible: The toys have names like Baby Oopsy Daisy, Mr. Static, and Jack Attack.
- Groin Attack: Baby Oopsy Daisy stabs Charneski in the crotch with a knife.
- Imperiled in Pregnancy: Judith is already pregnant, but the demon plans to use her as a host to gestate his human body.
- Living Toys: Obviously... see title.
- No Name Given: The demon who is the Big Bad. The credits just refer to him as "The Kid", but even then thats just one of his forms.
- Someone to Remember Him By: In one scene, Judith tells her boyfriend about her pregnancy right before a drug bust. You can pretty much guess what happened right afterwards.
- Tastes Like Chicken:Mark Wayne: Everything tastes like chicken, you notice that? Frog legs, snakes... even rabbits taste like chicken.
- Token Good Teammate: The toy soldier, who defends Judith from the demon and helps her to escape. He later reveals himself to be the son shes going to have.