While out partying, Emily Johnson and her friends get into a car accident, injuring themselves and killing a man in a hospital gown. When they arrive at Mercy Hospital, they discover that the staff aren't there to mend their wounds...
The film combines the Gorn of Saw with the dumb teen leads of most other Hollywood slasher flicks. It did well well at screenings aimed at its target audiences, but not with the world at large. It was later part of the After Dark Horrorfest film festival.
This movie provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim: The sadistic staff at mercy
- Body Horror: Bobby is left vivisected, with his internal organs strung throughout the operating room. And he's still conscious.
- Bond One-Liner: Emily, after chopping off Nurse Marion's arm with a cleaver:
- Emily: Bleed out, bitch.
- Extreme Mêlée Revenge: Emily bludgeons Travis' face to a pulp with an oxygen canister.
- Final Girl: Emily.
- Gorn: Loads, including a still-conscious Dmitri getting his liver removed, and Bobby left alive with his vivisected organs strung about the operating room like a wreathe.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Hoping to kill Dr. Benway and Scott, Jude creates an explosion with nitrous oxide cans and sacrifices himself.
- Mad Doctor: Dr. Benway and his associates harvest organs and conduct horrific experiments on living people to cure his terminally-ill wife.
- Shout-Out: Dr. Benway, huh?
- Slashers Prefer Blondes: There's a blonde girl and a brunette girl. Take a guess which one is the Final Girl.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: Happens to Dmitri early on, then happens to Emily towards the end.
- Too Dumb to Live: Emily manages to get caught not once, but three times over the course of the movie, even though she is a healthy and fit young adult. Whereas Jude manages to evade capture, even though he spends most the movie wandering around and hallucinating.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: When Emily is tied down and left with Travis, he beats her up a little, causing her to vomit on his hand and herself. Her chest remains coated in vomit for the rest of the film.