Wherever she ends up, Taylor Hebert always seems to throw a wrench in things. Why would being resurrected and wielding the Light be any different?
Or: In which Taylor ends up becoming the Queen's left hand and the Vanguard has no idea how to handle it.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Kali wonders how much of Taylor's seemingly unique abilities with the Light are the result of her working at finding everything it can do and how much is because she was simply never told that it couldn't be done due to lack of other Guardians during her training.
- Action Bomb: Taylor's fireflies.
- Analogy Failure: Taylor tries to explain how the shard connection works to Kali using an analogy with a cable box, forgetting for a moment that Kali's never heard of them.
- Animal Motifs: Fireflies for Taylor/Weaver. What seems to be her most powerful attack ability involves creating fireflies out of Solar Light and siccing them onto her enemies, where they promptly explode.
- Blessed with Suck: Taylor is reconnected to the QA shard when she goes back into Earth orbit, giving her back her pre-headshot memories and powers... but it's still stuck in Khepri mode. Luckily Guardians and Ghosts are immune, and she manages to use the Light to make a Power Limiter, but she's still working on a more permanent solution with the aid of Techeun implants.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Taylor's Ghost, Kali, is all black metal and sharp edges, but still good.
- Energy Bow: One of Taylor's tricks is to channel her Light directly through her bow in any element.
- Identity Amnesia: Taylor had no memory of her past before reconnecting to the QA shard.
- Multi-Melee Master: Taylor is highly skilled with several different weapons.
- Ontological Mystery: Somehow Taylor ended up on Mars in the Destiny world in-between Worm and Destiny.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Taylor, with effort, can generate enough Solar fire to destroy an entire city block.
- Power Limiter: Taylor designs one to contain her power after reconnecting with the Queen Administrator.
- Psychic Block Defense: The Awoken's Queen can somehow block Taylor's Khepri mode powers.
- The Red Mage: Taylor seems to be a mix between a Hunter and a Warlock, moving like the former and using abilities like the latter.
- Spikes of Villainy: Kali, though not a villain, is rather spiky. At one point another character wonders how Taylor can hug her without impaling herself.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Mentally lampshaded by Kali after finding non-aggressive Fallen, and wondering if she had started doing this to them.