Eden's death had been a lie. There was no peace for Taylor after her victory. Instead only vague memories of a previous life and the mindless existence of being the newest, fourth Endbringer, created by the [Thinker] after she reset the timeline.
This fic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Abomination: Taylor in canon was human, here she is an Endbringer.
- Adaptational Badass:
- Adaptational Heroism: Emma in canon was a bully, in this story after triggering and with some help from Annette she becomes the hero Nightowl.
- A Lighter Shade of Black: Among the Endbringers, Khepri can be the least harmful. Provided you play her game.
- Cool Sword: Khepri wields a Khopesh.
- Death by Adaptation:
- In canon the Dragonslayers survived all the way to the sequel, here they were killed by Khepri in the second chapter.
- Cricket was killed by Writ.
- Dramatic Irony: After learning that someone is Mastering the Endbringers into their rampages, Cauldron assumes that Scion is the one responsible.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Khepri is described as being a different kind of horror from the other Endbringers. While the rest are classical monsters. Khepri behaves more like a slasher villain. She doesn't present herself as an unstoppable force but rather hides waiting to strike.
- Named by the Adaptation: Battery's first name is Sam.
- Sand Blaster: Khepri can control sand on the level her big brother can control water. When she arrives she'll enclose whatever city she's targeted in a giant sandstorm that she'll continually enter and exit for sneak attacks
- Scarab Power: Fitting with her Egyptian theme Khepri's control of insects appears to be limited to scarabs, which she has devour to the bone any hero who won't follow the rules of her game.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Any attempt to end the Cycle and kill Scion is ultimately this. Anytime someone does succeed in killing Scion, Eden transforms the individual into an Endbringer and then turns back the clock.
- Spared by the Adaptation: In canon, Annette Hebert died two years before the start of the story, here she is still alive.
- Terrifying Rescuer: When Khepri rescues Acacia and Counterpoise from the Slaughterhouse Nine, the latter are understandably terrified of their saviour, despite Dragon's assurances that Khepri is on their side.