My Little Pony: Bizarre Adventures! is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Fiction which takes place in a Jojos Bizarre Adventure-inspired universe. Currently Part 1 "Ponyville Central" is finished and published with parts 2 and 3 outlined and forthcoming.
On the one-thousandth year of Nightmare Moon's Banishment, Celestia draws upon the reality-bending power of the Red Stone of Aja to purify her sister's evil. However, a magical accident causes the stone to explode scattering it across Equestria in the process. In order to recover the stone and search for her sister, Celestia sends her prized student Twilight sparkle to recover the fragments of the Red Stone of Aja.
Thus begins Twilight Sparkle's epic quest to discover the mysterious powers of Stand with her newly made friends. Bound together by the Power of Friendship they struggle to overcome heated enemies and decipher the mystery behind the Red Stone of Aja.
This My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Fiction contains examples of the following tropes:
- Ancient Artifact: The Red Stone of Aja (and Subsequently the Strange/Miracle Stones) are an omnipresent and crucial artifact that the story revolves around.
- Battlecry: In addition to each character possessing a Catchphrase (Give me a break, Your next line is...) Each characters has a stand specific Battlecry that is shouted upon executing an attack.
- Battle of Wits: Though all battles are action packed each revolves around the main character using their wits to exploit the weaknesses of their opponent's stand and use their own Psychic Powers in unique ways.
- Call to Adventure: Who better to send on a life threatening Journey to Find Oneself than the introverted Bookworm with no combat abilities whatsoever?
- Cosmic Plaything: Does it ever seem to you like you're the but of some Cosmic Joke? That fate is conspiring against you? Imagine that in a world of crazy psychic powers, reality bending stones and Pinkie Pie and you have a day in the life of Twilight Sparkle.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Especially common with the cast of the main 6, defeating an enemy often results in rectifying the issues between the two sides, resulting in a friendship or alliance between the two previous enemies.
- Explaining Your Powerto The Enemy: Detailed Stand Powers often require more elaborations, all courtesy of loose lipped villains.
- Fighting Spirit: Stands are manifestations of the mind of their users manifested in a Ghostly form meaning a stand user can fight using an Astral Projection.
- Friendship Denial: In a world where Friendship is Magic and the world revolves around happy-go-lucky ponies, can anyone give up being friends? Enter the Great and Powerful Trixie.
- Five-Man Band: Though in this case the "STARDUST CRUSADERS" or mane six might be more of a six or seven man band they never the less fill many of the niches in an organized group.
- Fusion Dance: Twilight's stand can fuse with another stand and Psychic Link two individuals together and combine their stands' bodies into one Super Stand.
- Government Conspiracy: As the Mystery of the Red Stones deepens it becomes increasingly clear that all is not as it seams in Canterlot, and the God-Emperor of Equestria has her share of dark secrets as well.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Thanks to the Red Stone's Healing capacity the main characters can recover from a lot more punishment that they would normally be able to even in a world filled to the brim with White Magic.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Despite many of the stand powers possessing a minor ability other than Fighting Spirit, the main characters (as well as the villains) always find creative and interesting ways in which they can use their powers to defeat superior opponents.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: Applejack goes out of her way to emphasize she's not interested in thinking of her friends in 'that' way.
- Invisible to Normals: Stands are Psychic Manifestations meaning that they are pure energy and cannot be seen by non-stand users or beings of significant magical strength.
- Just Friends: The basic definition of every romantic shipping in this story for one reason or another everyone (For the most part) just seems really awkward about taking their relationships to the next level.
- Loony Friends Improve Your Personality: Take an OCD bookworm, a stone headed farmer, a fourth wall breaking party animal, a shy girl with an explosive temper, a paranoid Pegasus with delusions of grandeur and a drama queen with a filly hood crush and what do you get?Madness, you get madness.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Totaling around 12 main characters with more than twenty fleshed out side characters and you quite simply have Loads and Loads of Characters.
- Mood Whiplash: Exaggerated emotions everywhere! what did you expect from a group of pre-pubescent girls? A stable relationship?
- Nice Hat: As a person from Texas there is nothing more fashionable to me than a well worn Stetson, and it's one thing a certain farm pony has in spades.
- Odd Friendship: A major feature of My Little Pony, despite the fact that the main characters couldn't be more diametrically opposed, they all find themselves inseparable friends who draw strength from everyone's differences rather than letting it divide them.
- Parental Abandonment: It's sad but true, dead/absent/neglectful parents make good heroes, after all why have unconditional parental love when you could dress in a bat suit and fight crime while being a millionaire?
- Plot-Mandated Friendship Failure: After discovering the truth and being forced to abandon Twilight, the resulting fallout causes the characters to question where their loyalties lie and, in the wake of Trixie being a prideful jerkass, they decide to abandon her.
- Power Floats: Despite lacking wings (in most cases) most Stands possess the ability to seemingly defy gravity at will, Imagine that.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs : It's Inspired by JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, what did you expect? If you said ORA! ORA! ORA! you'd be right.
- Running Gag: Rarity's crush, Twilight's frustration with reality not being logical, Pinkie's Breathless rants, Applejack saying Give me a break, Flutershy being Flutershy, Trixie trying to disguise her easy to read emotions/ pretend she isn't anyone's friend and Rainbow Dash's Paranoia.
- Shout-Out: And of course where would any self respecting JoJo's Bizarre adventures knock inspired story (Which is in itself a knock off) Be without countless shout outs to the names of famious bands, songs, books, movies, and TV shows which make up the various stand names in the series?
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: In a world of magic and friendship despite how horrible the world may seem, there is little a powerful character true to their convictions (and punching the villain's face in) can't handle.
- Take a Third Option: When you are forced to choose between the death of Sentient beings and the death of Sentient beings what side do you choose? When discovering the truth Twilight is the 'Man?' about it and decides to take a third path in order to save the most lives that she can.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Enough said.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: In a world of random Psychic powers, Fights for no reason, crazy ponies and even crazier conspiracies is there any hope for order and peace? No.