The Mysterion Mythos is a South Park-based fanfiction series written by Jizena.
The first fanfic, Cthulhu Fhtagn, revolves around the main South Park cast now being sixteen, and still continuing on in their superhero league to keep South Park in order - the Coon League (changed from Coon and Friends because it "sounds fucking gay"). Ike has also found his way into the league, and together they're working on their latest mission; a drug bust involving one of their own classmates. However, as usual for South Park, there's a bit of a twist. Most chapters are told from the point of view of Kenny, though the rest of the cast narrate a few chapters as well.
The second fanfic, Damien's Inferno, takes place four years after the original fanfic, with a whole new set of problems for the cast, which we won't go into as they're all in the context of important plot details in the first fanfic. The story is currently in progress, though updates are a bit slow because the author is taking focus on her Invader Zim fanfiction as of this writing.
It is recommended you have seen the superhero arc episodes before reading these fanfics.
This series provides examples of:
- Back from the Dead: Kenny, as usual. Stan also gets shot dead, but Kenny goes to R'lyeh to bring him home.
- Bi the Way: Kenny mentions Butters' bisexuality being obvious when he flirts with guys in his female persona, though no one makes a big deal of it.
- Big Damn Heroes: Given what the story is about, this happens quite a lot.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Butters.
- Changed My Mind, Kid: Cartman pulls this after quitting the League.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Used fairly often, considering most of the cast are high school boys. However, it's a bit shocking when even Ike, who is ten years old in this fic, uses it at times.
- The first story as a whole has over a thousand F-bombs, more then the movie with the most F-bombs in history (Swearnet with 935 F-bombs).
- Continuity Nod: In one chapter, Stan and Kyle go to visit the grave of Chef, and reference his previous death in the South Park episode "The Return of Chef".
- Does Not Like Guns: Kyle after Stan is shot dead and Kenny shoots himself to go after him and bring him back.
- Dual Wielding: Craig fights with two swords.
- Glory Seeker: Kenny tends to use his superhero identity to make him feel like he's doing some good considering how bad his family is, and oftentimes goes into a fog of depression when he fails.
- It's Personal: Craig's reason for "officially" joining the League. Also part of Cartman's reason for returning.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Kenny to an extent. He considers it worth it every time he dies of a sexual cause and manages to have sex with every female foreign exchange student.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Butters when he realizes just how far he's fallen and how many people he's hurt.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Token decides to get a mask after realizing how obvious his identity is, considering he's the only black kid in South Park. Cartman's Coon disguise is also described as this due to his body type none of the others have.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Cartman.
- Secret Identity: All of the superheroes operate with codenames (with the exception of Craig).
- Split Personality: Butters. He regularly switches forms between his regular self, who is pretty much the same old Butters, Professor Chaos, who is the darker side of Butters, and Marjorine, an outgoing, flirtatious female ego.
- Super Fic: The fic takes the superhero episodes of South Park and runs with the concept.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny's familiar with how often he dies, and he seems pretty sick of it.
- 13 Is Unlucky: At the end of Chapter 13, Stan is fatally shot.
- Unstoppable Rage: Kyle goes into one at the beginning of Chapter 14. "He's dead... He's dead. They killed him. Oh, my God... Oh, my God! You killed Stan, you bastards!"
- Villainous Breakdown: Butters. He gets better.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Butters regularly shows up to school as his female ego wearing pretty dresses and flirting with boys, and everyone seems to accept it just fine, except for Cartman (who is just his usual assholish self).