The story begins with Cody and Bailey working on a series of simulations sent to them by Cody's old friend Arwin Hawkhauser (which, unbeknownst to them, were sent by his old friend Dr. Rodney McKay). London discovers one of them, and believing it to be some sort of puzzle, solves the problem that had been plaguing IOA scientists for years, enabling them to build a Zero Point Module.
For the security of the program and her own safety, London is Asgard-beamed aboard the Odyssey, an event witnessed by Bailey. She conducts her own investigation and uncovers the truth about the Stargate program, only to have London reappear to take the Suite Life gang aboard a newly-christened Tipton space-liner, for an adventure they'll never forget.
WARNING: The tropes section contains unmasked spoilers!
Above the Highest Seas' provides examples of
- Adults Are Useless: The grown-ups spend most of the occupation of the ship tied up in the ballroom, and have to rely on the kids to rescue them.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Patrick and Co. take over the Tipton by sending her off course by hacking into the navigational computer, then knocking out the crew and passengers by increasing the CO 2 content.
- And ZoidbergPatrick: Ladies, gentlemen... Arwin
- Anyone Can Die: Cory Baxter and First Lady Elizabeth Martinez
- Bittersweet Ending: The ship is destroyed, and several key people are dead, but everyone else is unscathed, and plans to open the stars to the people of earth are moving forward.
- Cassandra Truth: No one believes Bailey when she tells them of London's disappearance, and her obstinate refusal to accept Wilfred Tipton's cover story for London's absence and single-minded dedication to uncovering the truth takes a massive toll on her academic performance, and initially costs her her relationship with Cody.
- Cool Gate: The stargate, as seen through the eyes of Carey Martin.
- Cool Starship:
- The CSV Tipton, history's first Earth-built commercial interstellar spacecraft
- The USS Odyssey, a Daedalus-class cruiser commanded by Captain Harmon Rabb.
- Good-Looking Privates: Captain Harmon Rabb, Colonel Samantha Carter (lampshaded by Woody), and Colonel Cameron Mitchell.
- Hot for Teacher: Dr. Daniel Jackson is very popular with his female students.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Zack and Maddie learned their fancy piloting skills in a simulator. Subverted in that it's a pretty realistic simulator.
- Imported Alien Phlebotinum: In the grand tradition of the Stargate 'verse, we have lifeboats with Wraith-inspired storage devices, ring transporters for boarding and alighting passengers, and London carries a zat in her purse.
- Kick the Dog: Patrick has Moseby swatted in the gut with the butt of a staff weapon just for mouthing off to him.
- Massively Multiplayer Crossover: Also includes characters from the following shows:
- The Mole: Patrick
- Officer and a Gentleman: Something Cam Mitchell claims to be as he works his drunken mojo on Carey Martin.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Carey and Moseby as Patrick holds them hostage.
- Tim Taylor Technology: Subverted. Overloading the naqidah generators creates a nice power boost that makes the shields hold out longer, but it also blows up the ship.
- Took a Level in Badass: Most of the Suite Life youths, but special mention goes to Zack and Maddie.