Sam Roland Heughan (born 30 April 1980 in Balmaclellan, Scotland) is a Scottish actor, best known for his acclaimed role as Jamie Fraser in the Starz series Outlander, for which he has received four nominations for the Saturn Awards, and a nomination for the Critics Choice Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. He was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Performer in 2003, for his performance in the play Outlying Islands, performed at the Royal Court Theatre Upstairs.
- A Princess for Christmas (2011) as Prince Ashton of Castlebury
- The Spy Who Dumped Me (2018) as Sebastian Henshaw
- Bloodshot (2020) as Jimmy Dalton
- Love Again (2023) as Rob Burns
- Midsomer Murders (2007) as Ian King
- Party Animals (2007) as Adrian Chappie
- Rebus (2007) as Peter Carr
- Doctors (2008) as Scott Nelson
- Outlander (2014-) as Jamie Fraser
- Hamlet (2007) as Guildenstern, Fortinbras
- Romeo and Juliet (2008) as Paris
- Macbeth (2008) as Malcolm, Murderer
- Batman Live (2011-2012) as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- King John (2012) as King John
- Lego DC Super-Villains (2018) as Mirror Master
- Dyeing for Your Art: He's a natural blond and dyes his hair red as Jamie.
- Mr. Fanservice: His impressive physique is often displayed in his works.
- Shakespearian Actors: He appeared in Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, and King John.
- Star-Making Role: Playing Jaime Fraser in Outlander earned him recognition.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: He has dark blond hair but otherwise fits the bill perfectly, being 6'3 and very handsome.
- What Could Have Been: He auditioned to play various characters in Game of Thrones including Renly Baratheon, Loras Tyrell and a few different members of the Night's Watch.