Bonisile John Kani (born August 30, 1942 in New Brighton, South Africa) is a South African actor, director and playwright.
- The Wild Geese (1978)
- "Master Harold"... and the Boys (1985)
- Othello (1989)
- The Ghost and the Darkness (1996)
- Coriolanus (2011)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- The Lion King (2019)
- Seal Team (2021)
- Mufasa: The Lion King (2024)
- Wallander (2015)
- The White Lioness - Max Khulu
- Chronically Killed Actor: His characters, be it on stage or on screen, tend to die in the story.
- Glass Eye: His left eye was lost in the incident mentioned below, and he's worn a glass eye since.
- Real-Life Relative: He and his son Atandwa collaborated several times both on stage and on screen.
- Reclusive Artist: Not much is known about his personal life other than his son, Atandwa, is also an actor and that he got beat up by policemen who are supporters of a politician who was subjected to a Take That! by a play Kani starred in.
- Shakespearian Actors: He starred in several plays and adaptations of William Shakespeare's works.
- Written by Cast Member: He's a playwright and is often cast in the plays he wrote .