- "The only difference between a comedian and someone else? We need to make people laugh more."
Gregory Daniel Davies (born 14 May 1968) is a Welsh actor, comedian, presenter, and writer. Originally a drama teacher, he transitioned into full-time acting with his breakout role as Mr. Gilbert in The Inbetweeners. He is the creator and co-writer of Man Down, in which he starred as Dan Davies. He also played Ken Thompson in Cuckoo, and is the titular Taskmaster in Taskmaster.
- The Inbetweeners (2008–2010) — Mr Philip Gilbert
- The Inbetweeners Movie (2011)
- The Inbetweeners 2 (2014)
- We Are Klang (2009) — Greg
- Cuckoo (2012–2019) — Ken Thompson
- Man Down (2013–2017) — Dan Davies
- Taskmaster (2015–present) — Himself/The Taskmaster
- Taskmaster (NZ) (2020) — Himself (cameo via video message in Season 1, Episode 7)
- Doctor Who (2015) — King Hydroflax ("The Husbands of River Song")
- The Cleaner (2021–present) — Paul "Wicky" Wickstead
Tropes relating to Davies:
- Apathetic Teacher: A large part of his comedy and public persona revolves around despising being a teacher and abusing his position to try and alleviate the crushing boredom he says he felt.
- Black Comedy Rape: During his special You Magnificent Beast, he describes how when he was eight, his mother made him a five-foot-tall stuffed toy which he christened Blue Ted (BT for short). Once he hit puberty, however, his relationship with BT got somewhat more "intimate". At the end of the show, an actor dressed as BT, with the addition of little plushie genitals, runs out on stage, pushes Davies over, and starts humping him.
- Creepy Blue Eyes: He has striking blue eyes and seemingly never blinks, which can make people uncomfortable.
- Fan Disservice: His tour posters feature photos of him undressed, highlighting his pasty and pudgy body for all to see.
- Large and in Charge: He's 6 feet, 8 inches (2.03 m) tall and plays this to comedic advantage, especially as the Taskmaster.
- Self-Deprecation: When he does stand-up, expect him to joke about his gargantuan size.
- Slasher Smile: His characters are usually grumpy, but when Greg does smile, he looks deranged.