Chloe Michelle Bennet (born Chloe Wang, 汪可盈 in traditional Chinese characters, on April 18, 1992 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American actress and singer. She's best known for playing Daisy "Skye" Johnson / Quake on ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., one of the many properties involved in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Born to a Chinese father and Caucasian American mother, she's part of a large family, having seven brothers - four biological, three foster/adopted.
- Nashville (20122013) as Hailey
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (20132020) as Daisy "Skye" Johnson / Quake
- Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (2015) as Chase (voice)
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates (2015) as Swifty (voice)
- Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors (2018) as Daisy Johnson / Quake (voice)
- Abominable (2019) as Yi (voice)
Her work provides examples of:
- Action Girl: As Daisy Johnson. She was slated to be Blossom but she dropped from the project.
- Actor-Shared Background: Daisy, like her, is half Caucasian and half Chinese.
- But Not Too Foreign:
- When she went by her birth name of Chloe Wang, Hollywood wasn't interested. The first audition after she changed her last name to Bennet, she got booked.
- Early episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., especially the pilot◊, had her in makeup that made her eyes look noticeably less East Asian. This was dropped by the end of the first season◊.
- Determinator: During her The Oner scene in a second-season episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., she broke her arm, but managed to stay in character long enough until the scene was over. She also later refused to wear a cast for her fight scene with Ming-Na in the episode "S.O.S.", which she described as one of the most painful and difficult things she ever had to do.
- I Have Brothers: As noted above, she's the only girl in a family of eight siblings; in interviews, she's joked that this helped her with fight scenes because she was used to getting beaten up.
- Those Two Actors: With Dove Cameron, who played both Ruby Hale and Spider-Gwen opposite her Daisy Johnson in unrelated Marvel projects (Agents of SHIELD and Marvel Rising, respectively) and they would have played sisters in Powerpuffs before Bennet dropped out.