Chloe Bennet (born Chloe Wang, 汪可盈 in traditional Chinese characters, on April 18, 1992 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American actress and singer. She's best known for playing Daisy "Skye" Johnson / Quake on ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., one of the many properties involved in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Nashville (20122013) as Hailey
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (20132020) as Daisy "Skye" Johnson / Quake
- Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (2015) as Chase (voice)
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates (2015) as Swifty (voice)
- Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors (2018) as Daisy Johnson / Quake (voice)
- Abominable (2019) as Yi (voice)
She provides examples of:
- But Not Too Foreign:
- When she went by her birth name of Chloe Wang, Hollywood wasn't interested. The first audition after she changed her last name to Bennet, she got booked.
- Early episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., especially the pilot◊, had her in makeup that made her eyes look noticeably less East Asian. This was dropped by the end of the first season◊.
- Determinator: During her The Oner scene in a second-season episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., she broke her arm, but managed to stay in character long enough until the scene was over. She also later refused to wear a cast for her fight scene with Ming-Na in the episode "S.O.S.", which she described as one of the most painful and difficult things she ever had to do.
- Mixed Ancestry: Her father is Chinese, while her mother is Caucasian.