Elvis is a Swedish newspaper comic strip about middle-aged anthropomorphic turtle Elvis, his wife Hedvig and their toddler. It's drawn by Tony and Maria Cronstam and has it's own comic book in Sweden. It started out as your average funny animal strip, but later on Tony began to base the strip on his personal life, making Elvis an Author Avatar. It's seriously NSFW.
Elvis provides examples of:
- Anthropomorphic Shift: An old strip shows Elvis buying a new shell.
- Big Eater: There's a reason that Elvis regularly decides to lose weight.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Hedvig never mentions Elvis's penis size as something negative.
- Black Comedy Rape: During the sex episode, Hedvig tries being a dominatrix. It's just that she ignores the safeword.
- Buxom Is Better: Elvis prefers the big-busted ladies.
- Cats Are Mean: Their cat Sonny is hinted at being a psychopath.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Totte was a main character until he suddenly never appeared again, around the time when the comic became more slice-of-life.
- Comically Missing the Point: Issue #3 2011. Elvis is tired of his job as a psychologist and quits. He gets a job at a grocery store, but is hilariously bad at it. He won't realize the criticism he gets from his boss is accurate.
- For Want of a Nail: Issue #3 2012. Elvis goes back in time to the nineties so he won't cheat on Hedvig, but end up making it worse.
- Funetik Aksent: Whenever Elvis speaks English.
- Hypocrite: Elvis has no qualms about ogling women, while he really hates men checking out Hedvig.
- I Was Quite a Looker: When Elvis goes back in time, it's revealed he was quite attractive. He lampshades it.
- Negative Continuity: The longer episodes usually end disastrously for Elvis, but luckily for him, these disasters are usually never alluded to again.
- One-Word Title: Also a Protagonist Title.
- Protagonist Title: Also a One-Word Title.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Elvis sure likes his Polly.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: When it comes up, they aren't afraid to show it.
- Your Cheating Heart: In issue #3 2012, it's revealed Hedvig is bitter because Elvis made out with a hot chick when they were young.