A man of adventure, Typhon sails the seas in his submarine, battling evil with his crew of fellows and a mind-control ring.
Not to be confused with the monster from Greek myth.
This comic contains examples of:
- Always Chaotic Evil:
- The baddies of Weird Comics #2 are a race of mermen who sadistacally torture anybody who enters their domain.
- The baddies of Weird Comics #5 are the Sea Demons, a race of brutal conquerors raiding the Sea Amazons.
- Cyclops: The baddies of Weird Comics #5 have a cycloptic octopus as one of their key weapons.
- Kraken and Leviathan: Weird Comics #7 has Typhon and his men fight a kraken attacking their ship.
- Mad Scientist: The Big Bad of Weird Comics #6 is one who invented a tidal wave manipulator to rob ships.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Merfolk run the gamut here, from your standard Cute Monster Girl fish people to Apparently Human Merfolk to one race that can breathe fire and need air pockets to breathe underwater.
- Starter Villain: The first foe we see is an unnamed ruler of an undersea kingdom who's fond of doing a Forced Transformation to anybody who opposes him. He's rendered into a Living Statue by the end of the issue.
- Thematic Rogues Gallery: Typhon fought many insane underwater rulers in his submarine adventures.