Jimmy Tornado is a French Canadian comic series written by Frédéric Antoine and drawn by Jean-François Vachon. It follows the globe-trotting adventures of the talking gorilla Jimmy Tornado and his human scientist sister, Guadalupé "Lupé" Tornado.
- The Shadow of Steel (2017) (Atlas ne répond plustranslation )
- Danger at the Bottom of the Sea (2017) (Péril au fond des mers)
- Aux portes d'Agartha (2020) ("At the gates of Agartha")
The first two volumes were originally published as Jimmy & Lupe Tornado in youth science magazine Les Débrouillards. The comic has also run in Super Pif and OWL.
Contains examples of:
- Age Lift: In the magazine version, Lupé is described as being 17 years old. The album version raises her age to 19 while keeping Jimmy the same age (15).
- Brains and Brawn: Jimmy is the muscle of the duo, clobbering baddies with his gorilla strength, while Lupé, as a scientist, is the brains.
- BrotherSister Team: Jimmy and Lupé travel the world on adventures together.
- Put Their Heads Together: In one story, Jimmy knocks◊ a couple of bad guys' heads together.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Lupé is a brainy scientist who wears glasses.
- Spell My Name with an S: Lupé's name is written without the accent in the magazine version, but with the accent in the album version.
- Spotlight-Stealing Title: When the comic went from magazine to album, it was rechristened from Jimmy & Lupe Tornado to just Jimmy Tornado. According to the creators, this was out of a need for a punchier title and not wanting to drop the impact of "Tornado".
- Teen Genius: At 19, Lupé is a brilliant and respected multidisciplinary scientist.