open/close all folders
The Royal Family
As a Whole
- Royally Screwed Up: Seriously, you can count the people who are fit to rule a country in this family on one hand. Maybe even on one finger.
King Simon Henstridge
- Played By: Vincent Regan
- 100% Adoration Rating: His people loved him.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Sets the needs of many in front of that of the few, even if that means abolishing the monarchy.
- The Good King: Definitely how the people and his family remember him. Even after his death in Season 1, everybody talks a lot about him and his deeds. Cyrus and every future king has very big shoes to fill.
Queen Helena Henstridge
- Played By: Elizabeth Hurley
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Cunning, always out for what is best for her and definitely not the best ruler.
- My Beloved Smother: Has this tendency to her children, especially towards Eleanor.
- Hot Consort: Curtesy of being played by Elizabeth Hurley.
Prince Liam Henstridge
- In-Universe Nickname: Robert called/ calls him "Sparrow", which sounds a lot like "spare" - exactly what Liam is to him, the Spare to the Throne.
- Royal Blood: Played with. Turns out he is not Simon's son in the beginning of Season Two and therefore no royalty. Until it is revealed that it was a scheme ochestrated by Cyrus and Helena. In Season Three, he is proven to be Simon's son after all.
- Royal Brat: Like Eleanor, he is spoiled and quite hedonistic. When his brother Robert allegedly dies, he is forced to straighten his life up since he's now the heir to the throne.
- Just like Eleanor, he eventually goes through Character Development.
- Spare to the Throne: Was this before Roberts death. Becomes this again when Robert returns. His nickname "Sparrow" references his position in the family.
Princess Eleanor Henstridge
- Played By: Alexandra Park
- Big Brother Worship: She adored and looked up to Robert and was devastated when he died. It is also repeatedly said Eleanor was his favourite sibling.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Liam.
- Daddy's Girl: She has a closer relationship with her father than she ever did with her mother. His death hits her horribly.
- Functional Addict: Takes a lot of drugs including mariuhana, cocain, LSD... Still, she gets her job done, at least most of the time.
- Rebellious Princess: Definitely shows elements of this, especially in earlier seasons.
- Royal Brat: Though she grows out of it thanks to Character Development.
Prince/King Cyrus Henstridge
- Played By: Jake Maksall
- 0% Approval Rating: Not that surprising since the people of England where still grieving for Simon and Cyrus is not the best fit for the throne. When he reveals that he's dying from prostate cancer, he earns some compassion and becomes more popular.
- Depraved Bisexual: Women, Men, maids, prime ministers - Cyrus has slept with them all.
- Evil Prince: Well, technically he is a Duke. But it still fits.
- Evil Uncle: To Eleanor, Liam and Robert.
- The Exile: He's banished from England by Robert after listening to him and Liam planning to overthrow him. While at first, he seems to be exiled to another country, it turns out he's only exiled to an embassy in London.
- Spare to the Throne: Was this until Robert died and Liam and Eleanor were proven to be illegitimate.
- Sketchy Successor: To Simon.
Prince/King Robert Henstridge
- Played By: Max Brown
- Aloof Big Brother: To Liam. Especially when he returns in Season Three.
- Not Quite Dead: Until the second season finale, he was believed to be killed while on a mission. Turns out, he's alive and was hiding on an island.
- Rightful King Returns: Since Simon is dead, he was the next in the line of sucession. When he returns alive, he eventually ascends the throne.
- Villain with Good Publicity: The people of England think of Robert as a hero, especially since the blackout in London, even though he's the mastermind behind it.
- The Wise Prince: How he was thought of by his family after his alleged death. Turns out, he is not that Reasonable Authority Figure he was hyped up to be when he returns in Season 3. The only one who knew it all along? His father Simon, that's why he wanted to end the monarchy.
Princess Maribel Henstridge and Penelope Henstridge
- Played By: Oliver Milburn
Sir Jasper Frost
- Played By: Tom Austen
- Bodyguard Crush: How his romantic relationship with Eleanor began.
- HeelFace Turn: At first he was a con man who threatened Eleanor with a video, but over the course of time, he grows out of it, from having genuine romantic feelings for her to even helping Liam in exposing Robert.
- Played By: Rocky Marshall
- Nice Guy: He is definitely one.
- Only Sane Man: Definitely the most level-headed person in a palace full of crazy characters.
Wilhelmina "Willow" Moreno
- Played By: Genevieve Gaunt
- Interclass Romance: Willow, the royal family's social media advisor, engages in one with King Robert, despite herself also coming from nobility, with her grandfather being a Viscount (Helena actually convinces her to use it to tell about how she met Robert the first time, but she insists on with an ordinary girl working for the palace, fell for Robert.) and is currently engaged to him.
- Nice Girl: One of the nicest characters in the series.