Yumi Hanazono is an aspiring mangaka who loves drawing and flowers. On the day of the Flower Festival, she rescues a dandelion from being weeded, and is surprised when the flowers start speaking to her. The voices belong to Kakimaru and Keshimaru, two flower elves who give Yumi a magical wand and locket as a reward for her kindness. If Yumi draws something in mid-air with her wand, and recites the phrase, "Pastel Poppuru Poppin-pa!", whatever she drew will become real.
- Art Initiates Life: Yumi's main power.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy
- Big Ball of Violence: When the two fairies squabble over ice cream in episode 1.
- Book Dumb: Yumi doesn't do very well in school.
- Book on the Head: Mrs. Fukurokoji once bet with her aunt she could teach lady-like manners to Yumi. Lessons included the walk with books, and at first, Yumi was not able to curtsy without make them fall.
- Dysfunction Junction: Yumi's mother is an alcoholic, and her parents are often fighting with each other.
- Fat Bastard: Mrs. Fukurokoji
- Fairy Companion: Kakimaru and Keshimaru
- Hour of Power: Yumi's magical drawings only last for a short time.
- Innocent Flower Girl
- Laser-Guided Karma: The fairies gave Yumi her powers as a thank-you because she rescued the dandelion.
- Magic Wand: One that was made from a tulip.
- Marilyn Maneuver: Happen in episode 5 to Yumi.
- Meaningful Name: "Hana" means "flower."
- Oddball in the Series: The only Studio Pierrot Magical Girl series that lacks a Transformation Sequence and/or an Older Alter Ego. It's also the most comedy oriented.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Keshimaru wears a bowtie, while Kakimaru wears a bow on her tail. Though they avert Pink Girl, Blue Boy, because Keshimaru is the one who's colored pink. (Kakimaru is yellow).