- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The jealous Queen, who up 'til now has been fine with leaving her stepdaughter alive but in poverty, declares now is the time to settle their rivalry for once and for all.
Grimhilde: And there, my faithful huntsman... you will KILL HER!
- Pinocchio: The Coachman who runs the lawless carnival Pinocchio is tempted into entering, reveals his true intentions for luring in children: turning them into donkeys to become his slaves.
- Bambi: When Bambi learns that his mother has been killed.
Bambi's Father: Your mother can't be with you anymore.
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: In the Wind in the Willows segment, Toad brings forth Mr. Winky the barkeep as a witness to testify to the court that he bought a motorcar off of him, but Winky double-crosses Toad with a lie that Toad he the car, which gets him sent to jail.
Winky: Well, guv'nuh, you tried to sell me a stolen motorcar.
- And before that, when Cyril gives his testimony and reveals that Toad had traded his valuable estate for a motorcar.
Now, the gove'nor's not a bit stingy
He never does anything small
The weasels gave him the red motorcar
And he gave the weasels Toad Hall
- Cinderella: The glass slipper that belongs to the prince's true love was just broken, so it can't be proved Cinderella fits it. Except...
Cinderella: "But you see, I have the other slipper."
- Earlier, when Cinderella shocks her stepfamily with her dress for the ball, Lady Tremaine hatches a scheme to prevent her from going by subtly provoking her daughters into ruining it.
Lady Tremaine: Those beads, they give it just the right touch. Don't you think so, Drizella?
Drizella: No, they don't! I think she's...(gets the hint) Why, you little thief!
- Sleeping Beauty: Maleficent places a curse on the young Aurora.
: Before the sun sets on her 16th birthday
, she shall prick her finger, on the spindle of a spinning wheel - AND DIE!
- The Fox and the Hound: The titular characters were best friends as children but can't be as adults. Summed up in this line:
Copper: Tod, those days are over. I'm a hunting dog now.
- The Black Cauldron: The Horned King gains control of the Cauldron, revealing his plan for what to do with it.
The Horned King: Now I call on my Army of the Dead; the Cauldron-born! Arise, my messengers of death! Our time has arrived!
- The Great Mouse Detective: Basil reveals he's still alive, and has a trump card against Ratigan.
- The Rescuers Down Under: McLeach blackmails Cody to reveal where Marahute the eagle's nest is.
McLeach: You see, I already got the father.
- Beauty and the Beast:
- Jafar spends years hunting for the lamp with the power to grant wishes. He then betrays Aladdin after having him retrieve the lamp for him, only to discover a bit later that the lamp fell into the chasm with Aladdin.
- Aladdin goads Jafar into turning himself into a genie, knowing the sorcerer hungers for more power. Jafar takes the bait and wishes to become an all-powerful genie. It looks things have only gotten worse, and everyone else asks Aladdin how he could make such a mistake, except genies are slaves. Jafar is now all-powerful, but is trapped in a lamp to obey a master.
- The Lion King: Several, but one that definitely sticks out is when Scar reveals his evil scheme to the three hyenas.
Banzai: What are we supposed to do? Kill Mufasa?
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame:
- Frollo reveals he killed Quasimodo's mother.
Frollo: I should have known you would risk your life to save that Gypsy witch, just as your own mother died trying to save you.
- Frollo announces his presence and reveals that he tricked Quasimodo into showing him to the Court of Miracles
Frollo: Nor would I.
- Frollo puts the miller and his wife under house arrest for aiding a gypsy, before giving the following order regarding the building with its residents still inside.
Frollo: Burn it.
- In the "Hellfire" sequence:
Guard: Minister Frollo, the gypsy has escaped. She's nowhere in the cathedral. She's gone..
- Hercules: Hades is told by the Fates that he will conquer the heavens, release the Titans, and overthrow Zeus on the day the planets align, on one condition.
Fates: Should Hercules fight, you will fail.
- Tarzan: When Clayton reveals he wanted to find the gorillas so he can hunt and capture them.
- Treasure Planet: The robot B.E.N. is the last remaining member of the infamous pirate Captain Flint, but can't say much about where the treasure is due to having had his primary memory chip removed. Just after the the treasure is discovered, Jim finds and returns B.E.N.'s memory chip, causing him to remember why Flint stole it.
- Brother Bear: A human is turned into a bear by the spirits to replace the one he killed. Making the journey back with a cub named Koda, he eventually listens to Koda's story that the cub has been hyping for past several miles. Once Koda gets to this line, Kenai realizes the bear he killed was Koda's mother.
Koda: And now there's nowhere for mom to go. The monster has her backed up against this giant glacier!
- Meet the Robinsons: Lewis discovers that Bowler Hat Guy is his roommate at the orphanage, now grown up.
Lewis: My old room!
Bowler Hat Guy: I think you mean our old room.
- Tangled: Rapunzel tells Mother Gothel that she knows now she's the kidnapped princess of legend.
Rapunzel: I am the lost princess, aren't I? Did I mumble, mother? Or should I even call you that?
- Wreck-It Ralph:
- When Anna needs a kiss from her true love to heal her frozen heart, she asks her fiance Hans to kiss her. Hans is about to...then reveals he never really did love her, and only said it so he can marry into the throne.
Hans: Oh, Anna... If only there was someone out there who loved you.
- And earlier, when Anna announces to Elsa that she and Hans are engaged, Elsa's reaction to this news becomes this, especially to die-hard Disney fans, as real-life advice kicks in.
Elsa: You can't marry a man you just met.
- Big Hero 6:
- This line from Nick's attempt at joining the scouts in his childhood sums up his Cynicism Catalyst, and also foreshadows the film's villain by showing prey animals can be just as brutal as predators.
Nick: I - Nicholas Wilde - promise to be brave, loyal, helpful, and trustworthy!
- After the case is seemingly solved, all the missing mammals were found, locked away in a hospital having "gone savage" and all are predators. Judy is a hero, and in her press conference when asked about why the animals were going savage, says the worst thing possible.
Judy: It may have something to do with biology ... predators survived through their aggressive hunting instincts ... they seem to be reverting back to their primitive, savage ways.
- This line back in Bunnyburrow gives Judy her Eureka Moment about what Night Howlers really are.
Gideon: [Regarding the flower just identified as Midnicampum holicithias] Well, now there's a four-dollar word, Mr. H. My family always just called them Night Howlers.
- After Judy and Nick have the evidence needed to take down the conspiracy to divide Zootopia, they are dashing through the closed Natural History Museum and discover Bellwether waiting to help them. But then Judy comes to a realization that casts Bellwether in a new light.
Judy: How did you know where to find us?
- The Big Bad has Nick and Judy cornered and shoots Nick with the Night Howler serum, intending for him to go savage and kill Judy. He has Judy cornered and bites her neck as she gives a blood-curdling scream and... delivers this line, revealing it was all an elaborate ruse.
- The Twist Ending of Alice in Wonderland is revealed when Alice is being chased by the Queen through a tunnel of smoke and is stopped by the same talking door from earlier in the film.
Door: Oh, still locked you know.
Alice: But the Queen! I simply must get out!
Door: But you are outside.
Door: See for yourself.
- The Incredibles:
- Syndrome turns out to be Mr. Incredible's old fanboy who wanted to be his sidekick.
- Helen explains to her children that the guards on the island they're trapped on are not the harmless kind they see in kiddy cartoons.
- Monsters, Inc.: Sulley is under the impression that the human child Boo is about to be returned home, only for her to be kidnapped instead and he and Mike banished. For bonus points, it's accompanied by a Wham Shot of Randall materializing next to the door with a Slasher Smile on his face.
Mike: Uh, sir? That's not her door.
Waternoose: I know, I know. It's yours.
- Earlier in the movie, we have the line which clued Mike and the audience in to the fact that there's a lot more going on at the company than one monster trying to cheat the system:
: [Evil Laugh
] You still think this is about that stupid scare record?
- Beowulf: Hrothgar reveals that Grendel's mother seduced him to produce the monster Grendel, just as she has done again with Beowulf.
King Hrothgar: But she's no hag, Beowulf. We both know that.
- Toy Story: Woody coming to life in front of Sid in order to save him from being killed.
Sid: It's busted.
Woody: (From his voice box) Who are you calling "busted", buster?
- Toy Story 2: Stinky Pete reveals himself to want himself to go to the museum at all costs and last forever.
Stinky Pete: I tried reasoning with you, Woody, but you keep forcing me to take extreme measures.
- Toy Story 3:
- Lotso betrays the toys to die in the furnace even though they saved his life.
Lotso: Where's your kid now, sheriff!?
- And before that: Buzz turns down Lotso's offer to join their elite club if his friends are left out.
Lotso: A family man, huh? I understand. Put him back in the time-out chair.
- And a bit later: Woody is about to explain to Bonnie's toys how he escaped before wondering why they asked him and if they're trying to warn him of something.
Woody: What do you mean escape?
- Batman: Under the Red Hood: Red Hood turns out to be Batman's old apprentice Jason Todd.
Red Hood: You haven't lost your touch, Bruce!
- Aladdin: The Return of Jafar: Aladdin is blamed for killing the Sultan. Even his wife (really Jafar in disguise) brings evidence of the "murder" to him.
Aladdin: It's the truth! Why don't you believe me?
Jasmine: Because we know you're lying!
- Watership Down: Being a film about talking rabbits, this serves as a jarring signal of the film's true nature.
Fiver: The field... the field... It's covered with blood!
- Snoopy, Come Home: Linus runs a background check on Snoopy and discovers...
Linus: You are not Snoopy's original owner.
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
- Kim Possible:
- In one of the most memorable scenes of Turtles Forever, what started off as a simple crossover movie escalates into a Crisis Crossover with this:
- Tom and Jerry: The Movie:
Puggsy: The name is Puggsy. What's yours?
- Kung Fu Panda 2: Po spends most of the film wondering what happened to his biological parents until he eventually finds out that he's the Last of His Kind. At the end of the film though, we cut away to an unknown location and...
Po's father: My son is alive.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2: Valka assures Drago Bludvist he can't win against her dragons as she has the Alpha on her side. His response?
Drago: Good thing I brought a challenger! [Cue his own Alpha bursting out from the sea]
- In The Man Called Flintstone Fred has been taken prisoner at the hideout of criminal mastermind the Green Goose. He manages to escape his prison cell and much to his relief happens to run into Triple X, an agent who is working with the organization that hired Fred. Unfortunately for Fred, he happens to discover a secret of Triple X's in the process:
Fred: Hey, that's funny Triple X. The Green Goose was wearing a mask like this!
Triple X: He was? What a very clever disguise, don't you think? Now may I have it back, please?
Fred: You mean... this is your mask?!
- Bartok the Magnificent:
Ludmilla: And none of you will ever leave this room alive.
- The LEGO Movie:
- Emmet watches video testimonies from his neighbors and coworkers and realizes none of them know or care who is.
Worker: We all have something that makes us something, and Emmet is... nothing.
- The Dragon with a split personality, Bad Cop/Good Cop, is forced to have his good side literally erased, turning him into a permanently ruthless policeman who's even willing to Krazy-Glue-freeze his own parents.
- After being mortally wounded, the Blind Seer Vitruvius makes a confession to Emmet, who he claimed to be The Chosen One.
Vitruvius: The prophecy... I made it up. It's not true.
Emmet: But that means... I'm just an ordinary guy?
- The third act reveal, that the whole LEGO universe has really been a metaphorical story being imagined by a kid with a frosty relationship with his father.
The Man Upstairs
: This is Dad's stuff. Everything that you see here is your father's. And everything is thought out. [...] Finn, we're going to play a game. It's called: "let's put everything back the way it was
." So I can make things the way they're supposed to be, permanently
- Ice Age 4: Continental Drift Manny and the gang finally arrive back at the continent, but the land bridge is destroyed with no sign of Ellie and Peaches. Manny sadly closes his eyes in despair...when he hears his daughter calling is name in the distance and they see her in the distance joyfully calling for him. Then as they draw closer, the reunion soon turns to horror as Captain Gutt steps out of the fog and grabs Peaches by the throat, holding a dagger near her neck!
Manny: ELLIE! PEACHES! I'M HERE! PLEASE! (no response, Sid, Diego and Granny slump sadly; Manny closes his eyes in despair)
Peaches: (in distance) Dad!
Manny: Wait! Did you hear that?
Diego: Manny, I think—
Manny: No, I heard something! I swear I did!
(As they draw closer, a shadow is shown in the fog)
Diego: Is that—?
Manny: Peaches? THERE SHE IS!!
Manny: We're coming, sweetie! Don't move!
(Suddenly, Captain Gutt emerges out of the fog and grabs Peaches, holding a dagger near her neck!)
Gutt: Welcome home, Daddy!
Peaches: LET GO OF ME!
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light has the heroes Takua and Jaller being sent on a quest to find the Toa of Light, and they finally reach their destination only for him to be nowhere in sight. One Rakshi attack and Heroic Sacrifice later, Jaller says this to Takua.
- Shrek: Shrek overhears Fiona (in her ogre form) telling Donkey how anyone could love someone so ugly, which is why she can't be with Shrek and has to marry Lord Farquaad. Shrek believes that she was talking about him and reacts coldly toward Fiona and Donkey when they see him again and he refuses to listen to them. It takes Donkey's unwanted return after the fact to set things straight, even though Shrek, still wounded by what he had heard, tries to hide from him.
Donkey: All she ever did was like you, maybe even love you!
Shrek: (hiding in the outhouse) Love me?! She said I was ugly, a hideous creature! I heard the two of you talking!
Donkey: She wasn't talking about you, okay? She was talking about... (hesitates slightly) someone else.
- The plot of Finding Nemo is kicked off by one: Marlin doesn't want the last thing his son says to him to be "I hate you."
- Kubo and the Two Strings: During the fight between Monkey and one of Kubo's aunts, the aunt starts on about how Kubo's mother betrayed them:
: And then there's you, the thieving insect who stole my sister's soul. [...] (chuckles)
Oh, this is precious. You've been together all this time and you haven't even realized? You took her from us. It was only fitting that we took something from you. How swiftly those memories spilled from your head
, wiping out all recollection of your obscene union, Hanzo.